Chapter 2

[3 years later]

It had been three years since you joined the Cadet Corps, five years without your friends. You had made new friends in your three years that made you laugh and were nice to you.

You were laying in bed talking to Mikasa when heard someone knock. "Come in." you yelled so it could be heard. "Y/n commandant Shadis wants you in his office immediately." Armin said. "Why?" you asked him. "I don't know but he said it's important." He told you and left.

You got up from your bed and walked out the door.

-

You knocked on his office. "State your name and business." He said on the other side. "Y/n L/n, you wanted to see me for something important." you said through the door. "Come in." You opened the door and walked in, you closed the door behind you.

You walked up in front of his desk and saluted. "So cadet L/n, as you may know you are at the top of your class. Today I got a letter saying that they want you to join the Survey Corps, also known as the scout regiment." He said in a rather normal tone. "They do?" You asked him. "Yes, they want you to be in the special operations squad." You stayed silent. "Will you except?" he asked.

"I will." you replied.

"Very well, pack your things. You leave tomorrow, there will be a carriage waiting for you here by 12:00pm, be ready by then." he told you. "Thank you, sir." You saluted.

"Dismissed."

You walked out of his office.

-

You walked into the cabin to see Mikasa sitting down. "We graduate later today, three years here. Time passes by so fast." she said. "I'm joining the scouts tomorrow.. that's what commandant wanted to talk to me about. I leave at 12:00pm." You said. "Really! that's exciting i can't wait to see you when i get there." she said with a small smile. "Same, apparently i'm going to be in a special operations squad, whatever that is." you told her.

"I'm happy for you."

"Thank you." you said and gave her a hug.

You began packing your things. "I'll help you." Mikasa said walking next to you, helping.

Mikasa and you packed your things quickly and went to hang out with your friends and tell them the news.

-

Mikasa and you walked into the cafeteria and saw Eren and Armin sitting at a table in the back. You walked over to them and sat down. "Y/n has something to tell you both." Mikasa spoke looking at the two boys. "What is it?" Armin asked you. "Tomorrow, i'm joining the Scouts. They sent commandant a letter saying that they want me in a special operations squad." You said to them in a happy tone. "You seem happy about it are you?" Eren asked. "I am, i'll finally get to see my friends."

"Tomorrow?" you heard a voice to your right, it was Jean.

"Yeah!"

"Oh, I needed to tell you something tomorrow." He said as red could now be seen on his cheeks.

"You can tell me now." You told him with a smile.