Chapter 3

"Nice to finally meet you, Y/n." Erwin said looking straight at you.

"Where are they?!" You raised your voice and rattled the bars.

"First let's talk about you."

"Fine but you better tell me after, you blond bastard!" You yelled at him.

"Where were you when we took them?"

"Why would I tell you?" you asked.

"Being stubborn will only cause you consequences." The captain spoke.

"Fine captain. I was hiding in one of the abandoned buildings, I saw and heard everything. Is that all you have to ask me?"

"Thank you for telling me, one more question. Why did you join the Cadet Corps and now the Survey Corps?"

"I joined because I wanted to find my friends, I wanted to help humanity as well." You sat down on the floor with your head down.

"Well you found one." He said which made your head go up and look at him.

"What?!" You asked as a single tear went down your cheek.

"Captain Levi."

"Hey Y/n, I missed you." Levi walked up to your cell and opened it.

"Levi?! Where are Farlan and Isabel? I want to see them! Can I?" You asked as you gave him a hug. He looked back at Erwin who was sitting on a chair.

"You can't" He told you.

"Why not?!" You asked.

"They're dead." Erwin said behind him.

"What?" You said as you began to cry breaking down in Levi's arms.

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you when you get settled back at HQ." Levi said as he tried petting your head to confort you. Levi never really was the type for comforting but when it came to it he tried his best.

You let go of the hug and looked at Erwin like if you were just going to talk to him, instead you attacked him. "Erwin Smith you bastard, this is your fault!!!" screamed as you aimed a fist up to his face, but Levi stopped you.

"What the hell are you doing Levi, we were given a task, you remem-"

"The documents.. he knew. As I said, I'll tell you everything once we get back to HQ." Levi said with a straight face.

"Can you take me to the cemetery then? I want to go see their graves." You wiped your tears away and tried to put on a smile.

"Sure brat, but first i'm taking you to buy new clothes, the ones I gave you years ago are probably kind of small by now." He told you leaning against the wall.

You turned your gaze over to Erwin. "I-i'm sorry commander, forgive me." You saluted.

He chuckled. "Levi, you have a good girlfriend." Commander told him.

You felt your cheeks heat up slightly. "She's not my girlfriend, we're just friends."

[Levi's POV]

"Levi, you have a good girlfriend." Commander told me. 

"She's not my girlfriend, we're just friends" I replied as I tried not to get flustered.

"I know I still have feelings for her. She makes my stomach have a weird feeling, not to mention me trying not to get flustered." I thought to myself.