12

Chapter 12

I've never felt this grim of a sight that was supposed to be looked at with awe. I stayed in my seat with Julio beside me, obviously looking worried, but my eyes only stayed on them.

Gregory and Anie were walking to our table with their hands intertwined with each other, Anie grinning from ear to ear as she looked at Gregory lovingly whose face was in a stoic figure, but as his eyes turned to the man beside me, he smirked, making me tilt my head in curiosity.

"What a sight," Toni said sarcastically beside me.

Napasulyap ako kay Julio na tahimik na napatikhim. Gaya ko, gulat rin siya dahil sa nakikita ngayon.

"Hi," Gregory greeted when he arrived in front of our table.

He turned to Anie and then at me. "Obviously, you know her already."

Hindi ko mapigilan ang mapangiwi. He said it as if he was saying to my face that she finally made my best friend say 'yes'!

My eyes turned to Anie who was looking at Gregory as if he was the only person in the room. Bumaling ang babae sa'kin at nginitian lang ako.

"Hindi ko alam... ito," I trailed reluctantly.

"I'll tell you about it later." Anie grinned.

Hindi ko mapigilan ang mapangiwi sa narinig.  Does this mean they're actually official official?

Nang mang aya si Julio na pumunta ako sa Vista Valle dahil umuwi na si Toni at Rad hindi ko inakala na makikita ko rin dito si Gregory at Anie. Not that I don't want them to be around, but I didn't expect to see them like this.

Nagkita pa lang kami ni Anie noong isang linggo sa kanilang bahay. She gave me books, we ate together, and made a watercolor painting together, obviously, she was talking about Gregory but she missed this crucial part.

Julio cleared his throat to fill the silence.

"Let's order?" ani Julio at kinuha ang menu na nasa ibabaw ng lamesa.

"Yeah, let's order." Gregory took the menu from Julio's hands. "What do you want, babe?"

Halos makawala na ang aking mata nang mamilog ito dahil sa narinig. I know what I heard, and I know it was for Anie, he was looking at her after all! And Melanie Beatrice Vergara.... this girl! She even looked at him, her cheek blushing, as she bit her lower lip to suppress her smiles.

I knew this day would come. That Anie would have her own boyfriend she'd be spending more time with, but I didn't know it'd be this early! Since when did she start to sit beside someone that is not me?

My lips were pressed together as I looked through the menu with Julio holding it, Anie and Gregory whispering to each other the whole time.

Sumulyap ako kay Toni and by the looks of it, I already know that she's wishing that she shouldn't have fought with Rad today, may kasama sana siya ngayon na magaasar sa dalawa.

"What are you ordering, Toni?" Gregory asked whilst looking at the menu.

"Blindfolds."

Tumaas ang kilay ni Gregory kay Toni, a small smirk slowly forms on his face.

"Sounds kinky."

"Ew," I heard Anie whisper.

"You're gonna know about what that means soon," pabirong sabi ni Gregory ngunit base sa kaniyang mukhang nakangisi alam ko ng gagawin niya talaga ito.

Anie just giggled shyly while I sat there with my brows furrowed, not knowing what it meant.

Lumapit ako sa pwesto ni Julio na panay ang sulyap sa direksyon ni Anie at sa'kin. Namataan niya ang aking titig at binalik ang tingin sa menu na matutunaw na dahil sa tagal ng pag tingin niya dito.