Chapter 1: Job Interview

This past month, I looked around for so many jobs, but was finally able to be scheduled for an interview.

I needed to get a job quickly so that I could continue saving to afford my own place.

I honestly was tired of living with my parents and their house rules.

They always pestered me about returning back to school to get my associate degree.

But registering for my town's community college would just be a waste of time.

Even some who had a bachelor degree still had a hard time finding a job in today's economy.

I was annoyed whenever I had to hand over my mother my rent money for living in the basement.

I just felt like my parents should understand my situation in the matter but since I didn't want to do what they advised, I paid for being "disobedient" by paying for rent.

It was four hundred dollars of my hard earned money that only subtracted from the rest of my savings which wasn't much left.

Now that I was at Strawberry Diner, I wished for the best and hoped on being hired.

If my interview goes well, I would be able to work here as a waitress starting tomorrow.

Before I walked inside the dinner, I breathed in and out since I was extremely nervous.

As I held my head up high with confidence, I walked inside the diner.

I heard music play in the background while I smelled hazelnut coffee.

"Alright, you can do this," I mumbled to myself. I headed towards the cashier and when she saw me she smiled. I looked at her name tag and read that her name was Victoria.

"Hi, how can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, I would like to see Mr. Davidson. I have a job interview with him today." I replied.

"What's your name?" She questioned.

"Mia Cameron and what's yours?" I replied.

"Maria and follow me." She led me through the back of the kitchen diner, seeing how the food was being made and soon we arrived at his office.

She knocked on the door a few times before I heard a deep voice, telling me to come in.

"Hey Mr. Davidson, I have someone here to see you about an interview." She said while Mr. Davidson motioned for me to sit down and I did.

He was an older man, who looked to be in his forties and he had a fringe of grey-white hair.

His brown eyes match with his melanin complexion as he hunched over. He had a wizened face and a beard.

After Maria left us alone, he spoke.

"How are you doing today?" He looked through some paper works.

"I'm doing well." I nodded my head while I folded my hands together. I just hoped this interview goes well.

"So what brings you here today?" He looked up and smiled at me.

"I would like to work here and gain new experiences," I responded, returning the smile.

"Why do you want to work here?" He asked.

"I think that I'm a good fit for this job and I always thrived at fast-growing businesses," I replied.

"Why should we hire you?" He asked again.

"I applied for this job because I want to work here. When someone wants to work for a company, they make sure they invest their time into it. You should hire because I made this job my first choice." I gave him a small smile and he nodded his head.

After he asked me a series of more questions, I found that he had a few other candidates to interview after me before hiring anyone.

But if I did get a call back from him by five in the evening then I would be hired to work here.

"Thank it was nice meeting you," He replied as he shook my hands and I did same.

"And you too" I replied back, feeling a bit disappointed.

The last thing I wanted was to live off my parents forever especially now when they were planning on increasing my rent by fifty dollars!

After being done from the interview, I returned home and felt like today just sucked.

"How was your interview?" My mom smiled, but her facial expression changed when she noticed my gloomy mood.

"I don't know since if I got the job then the employer will call me to let me know by five today," I shrugged my shoulders as I flopped down on the couch.

"Well that's five hours away," My mom said looking at the cable box then back at me, "but I'm sure you've gotten it," She said, trying to cheer me up but I wasn't buying it.

Even though I was hopeful before, my mood became sour. Since I've received too many job rejections, I was no longer sure anymore.

© 2019. All Rights Reserved 2019 Punkxst