Chapter 20:Possessive Much?

"What part of you being mine don't you understand?" He whispered in my ear, making me roll my eyes at the thought.

"Again, I belong to no one and what do you want?" I pushed him back a bit which reluctantly he retracted himself back and placed his hands in his navy suit pocket.

"You know that's what they all say at first, but I assure you won't be any different," He chuckled, lowly and gave me his infamous stupid smirk.

I honestly felt offended by the comment he made since if it wasn't for me collecting his money, I would have smacked him a crossed his face.

I wasn't a mannequin or a robot, but a human being with feelings.

Besides, I felt comfortable with what I had on since I wasn't someone who wore more so covered up clothes.

He then stepped closer to me, closing the distance between and held my chin up in between his fingers.

At that moment I wasn't sure if I should continue this relationship or not. Even though the money was nice, I still felt like this whole thing I have going on with my boss should be temporary.

Perhaps I should make a list of other jobs to do as a back-up plan, but I wanted to save up a lot of money from the money I got from working her plus from the perks of being with Donovan.

To be truthful if Mr. Donovan was instead an honest single man then he surely was my type who I wouldn't mind getting to know more seriously.

I blushed inwardly when he gave me a peck on the cheek and looked away shyly.

I was just conflicted about continuing to be selfish or doing the right thing by ending things now before it was too late.

I sighed when I was in a tough situation since I needed more than anything at the moment, so I had just done what was best for my finances as well.

I knew after this beneficial relationship, another chance to meet a billionaire or even a rich guy was very low where I came from.

But then again it was better to date someone for who they were and not what they have.

Even though Donovan was attractive and rich, he was still an egotistical jerk.

Suddenly, a loud impatient knock was on the door, making me quickly pull away from him.

"Shit!" I inwardly cursed, not wanting to be caught by some random maid since if we weren't up to anything then the door wouldn't have been locked.

"Who is it?" Donovan asked, annoyed and placed his hands in his suit pocket.

"Who else? Lola and we need to talk now Donovan!" She shouted angrily.

"About what?!" He shouted back.

"Open the door and you will know!" She angrily shouted and banged the door louder than before.

"Crazy Bitch," Donovan muttered underneath his breath.

"Um, should I hide? The door shouldn't have been locked in the first place," I asked, looking between him and his office door with Lola was on the other side.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst