Chapter 9: Special Treatments

I didn't know if he was giving me the credit card for special treatments or because it was a requirement for all of his employees to have.

However, something told me that it was probably the first option since it entailed our relationship to be filled with benefits only.

"Sorry, but I can't accept," I shook my head and shoved the credit card away from me.

"But you must since Mr. Johnson doesn't take no for an answer. Plus he says if you don't accept then I'm fired," She looked to me pleadingly, making me roll my eyes at the situation.

"Fine," I angrily took the card.

"Thanks," She smiled, walking quickly away before I could change my mind again about it.

Before Ava could ask anything about it, I placed the credit card inside my pocket and made a mental self note to return it to Mr. Johnson the next time I saw him.

Once we were done cleaning the kitchen, we met with the other girls who were also done with their task.

"What else do we have to do?" Ava looked towards Chelsea who handed her a list of things.

While Ava read the list, I looked over her shoulder to see what else tasks we had left to do for today.

So far things seemed to be the usual cleaning task, and I sighed in relief since even though it was my first day, I didn't want to do too much work.

"Well how about Mia and I do half of these things and you guys can do the other half. The laundry stuff we can all do together," Ava said and the other girls and I nodded our heads in agreement.

"Sounds like a plan," Daisy responded as Ava took out her phone to take a picture of the list.

"See you guys," Ava and I said, and they replied saying the same.

Even though it was only the first day things didn't seem so bad and I enjoyed being a maid so far.

***

It was close to our shift being over when Ava and I had some free time left.

We decided to watch some TV before we were sent on another errand.

"Are you sure it's okay for us to do this?" I asked Ava.

"No, but since the boss isn't around we can take a break for a few," She replied.

"But our shift is almost over..."

"Yeah, but I'm sort of tired from last night," She yawned a bit.

"Woah what were you doing then?" I asked, teasingly making me hit my arm lightly.

"I just stayed watching movies on Netflix..."

"Oh nice, do you have any favorite shows?" I asked her.

"Not just something with some drama and-"

Suddenly, some woman picked up the remote and turned off the TV. I was shocked to see that she barely wore anything and everything on her was extremely tight.

Her face was filled with makeup, a bit tanned, and she had a very strong perfume smell.

"I don't think my husband pay you maids to be lazy," Mrs. Johnson said with attitude and rolled her eyes at us before her attention focused on me, "wait who are you?"

"Ugh Mia," I replied, shyly.

"And since when were you hired?" Mrs. Johnson asked.

"Like two days ago," I replied as she looked at me up and down.

"Well-"

"Lola is there any problem," I looked towards who the gruff undertone male voice belonged and saw that it was Mr. Johnson who looked annoyed.

Today he wore casual black pants, the same hairstyle with a black sweater and dress shoes.

Ava and I were silent as we looked between the two of them argue.

"I thought we've had enough maids considering we have like more than ten already," She rolled her eyes at me.

"Yes, but I need a personal maid so that is why Mia was hired," He said in a final undertone.

"Fine, I'll get my own male personal maid," She flipped her hair to the side.

"I thought you already had three of them," He raised a brow, placing his hands in his pocket.

"Well, I need another one for entertainment. Oh and Mia you better not be a waste of salary," She said with attitude as she walked past us as she swayed her hips.

I looked away, feeling embarrassed and a bit hurt at her bitchy comment.

"Well that's not a surprise there," He made a sly comment, making her shoot daggers at him. She then left the room before he turned his attention towards us, well more some, "I do apologies for my wife's rudeness and since your shift is over then you can enjoy yourselves," He nodded his head and left us there in our silence.

"What was that?" I asked, not knowing what I had just witnessed.

"Well it's normal to see them argue like that," She shrugged her shoulders.

Damn Ava was right his wife is a true bitch! I thought. 

© 2019. All Rights Reserved 2019 Punkxst