Chapter 40:Plans

After some days had passed, I decided to pack up my stuff and leave permanently.

No business deal or salary raise could make me stay here any longer since the drama here certainly wasn't worth my peace.

I just had a pregnancy scare a few days ago, all from being irresponsible.

I was not ready to be a parent anytime soon, especially when I was still figuring out life and who I was.

Besides, if I stayed here and continued messing with a married man, then maybe I could end up pregnant!

I no longer wanted to mess with someone who was a player, selfish, and terrible news.

Indeed, nothing good would come of me staying here any longer than I already had, and certainly, it was time for me to explore more options since I was still young.

I wanted what was best for me and knew it was time to move on to doing more significant and better things than being a maid for a billionaire.

Even though this job paid more than the minimum wage in the real world, I knew it was not worth the little dignity and self-respect I had for myself to work harder at least and find a decent job.

Thinking deeply, I thought of some past jobs that I had that may hire me back.

But I hoped I could find something better because my past jobs were underpaid or needed better management.

Sighing heavily, I looked in the mirror and knew I looked pretty decent, wearing cameo pants with a black hoodie and sneakers.

"Finally," I muttered, feeling more tired than usual.

It could be the idea of moving on from this job or knowing that soon I'll have to take on more responsibilities as an independent adult.

But either way, the last thing I wanted to do was return to my parents' home.

If I returned home, my parents would be highly disappointed since I was employed for a short while.

They also endlessly lectured me on the importance of being responsible and keeping a job to survive in the real world, which I already knew.

I'm sure they hoped my new job as a maid would be permanent since it allowed me to live somewhere else and be more responsible.

But sometimes, in life, only some things happen as planned.

Unexpected hurdles can occur; what matters more is how someone recovers from an unpleasant situation.

I knew then that I needed to work hard to improve my situation, especially since I still had a lot of money saved in my account from the pay I received while working here.

Sighing heavily, I checked the room one last time to ensure I didn't leave anything behind.

When I realized I had everything packed up, I sat on the bed and decided to call my cousin, Emma.

I knew Emma was someone I could depend on in times of need since she was always so understanding and friendly.

I was so nervous since I was telling her about my dire plans to move at the last minute. I wish I informed her earlier than now, but I hoped she would accept me into her home for a few days while I quickly searched for a new apartment so I wouldn't become a burden to her.

After some time of the call going straight to voicemail, I figured I would give up on reaching her since it seemed like she was either too busy or deliberately ignored my calls so she wouldn't be bothered.

Shit!

The last thing I wanted to do was return to my parents' home in shame or ask my coworkers for help when I barely knew them.

So, I decided to keep my moving situation to myself since people at this job liked to gossip about anything.

Except for Ava, whom I knew I could trust since she helped me get through my recent pregnancy scare.

But I didn't want to bother her more than I already had.

Sighing, I tried to call my cousin one last time and hoped for the best. 

© 2023. All Rights Reserved 2023 Punkxst