After Dark

Chapter 7
Geovanni

"So your real name is Tadesse?" I asked her as she nodded her head.

" It means rebirth. I have had many names but only a few hold significance, and even greater few hold power," she said as looked down at me.

"How did you get the name Jordan?" I asked as she chuckled.

"You learn to adapt over the centuries," she said smoothly.

"What was your favorite century?" I asked her.

She stood up and looked at me. Her eyes were becoming dark as the sky. She bit her bottom lip.

"Human curiosity always fascinated me. You always want immediate gratification. Never do you just indulged in simple pleasures? You take even the smallest for granted,"
She said and smirked.

"True. But we don't have forever because if we did. I wouldn't be in a rush to get to know you and understand this connection," I said as I watched her smiled and she raised her eyebrow.

"We must go the sun will be coming up soon in Chicago," She said and chuckled.

She stretched out her hand and I took it. She pulled me up like I weighed nothing. She wrapped her warm arms around my body and held me tight.

"Are you gonna answer my question or ignore the fact that I asked it?" I asked and wrapped my arms around her neck.

I hated to be ignored; it was one of the pet peeves I had. I don't like to be treated like I'm not in the room or my voice not being heard. It drove me nuts. Then when I wanted to be ignored , I couldn't turn invisible at all. Not in the moments I really need to.

"If I answer your question, I'm sure you would want for me to explain why those time periods where my favorite," she said and ran her tongue across her top row of teeth and smirked.

She was right. I would. Like I said. I wanted to know so much about her.

"It will lead into another very long story that can take until dawn...the next day," She said.

"Well can you tell me next time," I said and smirked.

"Are you truly intrigued with me?"

"Yes,"

"Well, tomorrow night I have things I must attend to. It can take all night, or just a small portion of my night. I will get in contact with you; let you know where I stand and if it will be possibly for us to carry on another conversation," she said quickly and smoothly her accent was a mixture of to many to count.

They just blend together in this weird sexy way.

"Okay," I said and blushed as she pulled me closer and I placed my head against her chest. She was so damn tall for a woman.

Within seconds we were floating in the sky and back to Chicago. I was getting use to this. However, I had some questions about her past that I couldn't understand, and didn't make sense. Before I could think too much on it my feet were being sat down on the balcony of my house.

"I have a question before you go,"

"Okay what is it?"

I stared her in her blue eyes. They shinned in the light, I bit down on my bottom lip. I shook the thoughts of what it would be like to kiss a vampire, let alone a woman.

"You said you were born in Africa but you never said what place you end up? "

"I was take to some place in the south of the US. My most recent rebirth would be Barbados,  my most recent birthplace would be somewhere in Southern Africa," she said and smirked.

I nodded my head. I understood but what about the other lives she has lived. How many times she have approached women like she has me? Or was I special.

"So how many places have you lived since you were made?"

"A lot, but my favorites are near the beaches,"

"Why? I thought you hated water?" I asked her.

"Let me rephrase it. I don't hate it. I think it peacefully and relaxing. It washes away dirty. But when your on it deceitful. Unpredictable. The storms are rough. The waves they washed away the dirt just moved it someplace else. Water is just mysterious,  untamed , unpredictable woman," she said and winked at me.

I bit lip. Damn I wanted her lips more now then ever. 
She looked around and then backed at me. She smirked.

"You are trying to kill me; I must go before the sun rises. It is getting really close to dawn," She said.

She leaned down and brushed her warm soft lips against mines, I closed my eyes and waited for her to kiss me. I can't explain it but her swag was fucking on point, and it had my hormones raging.

"I will contact you tomorrow," She whispered in my ear.

I wasn't sure when her lips had found their way there but I was a bit upset for reasons unknown to me. There is no way I should be allowing myself to let all guards down for this vampire. If it was any other person I'm sure this wouldn't be happening.

I crawled back into my window and threw my jacket on the floor. I laid back on the bed and kicked off my shoes. I looked over at my clock it was 3:00am. I reached in my pocket and pulled out my phone. I checked it to see I had 10 text messages and 5 voicemails from Tyler I was too tired to even look or even listen to them. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a sound sleep.