Tristyan

Chapter 22
1917

The night had just settled in good, and I was walking with my father and Zada.

" Do remember what I told you that night in Ireland those many years ago after your last vessel was destroyed?" he asked me.

"Yes," I said as I adjusted my bow tie.

"What did I tell you Tristyan?" he asked as we walked up a dirt road.

" That you are searching for the strongest family to breed my vessel," I said.

I stopped walking and looked at my father.

" Where is all this going?" I asked him.

"You and Zada will be taking over in a couple of decades. I am tired of walking this earth and I will soon put myself to rest for a few hundred years. I want Zada to be your left hand and when your vessel is born her to be your neck," he said.

"Well look what we got here, " A voice said coming from the woods we were walking past.

"Looks like a couple of negro's and a negro lover," another man appeared.

I laughed and placed my hands in the pocket of my tan slacks. Damn humans. Always placing the color of skin over everything. They all bleed red and fear death. So similar but they are blind.

"What so funny?" asked the first man.

He was holding a rope in his hand and was smiling at me. I licked my lips. This is why my father wanted me to have a mate.  To help control me.

"I would suggest you not taunt her," my father said as he squatted down on the ground.

"Oh so this a nigger girl, dressed like a white man?" the second man said.

"Watch your words," Zada said as she took off her black newsboy style hat.

"Y'all are some brave niggers," the second man said as he made his way over to us.

"No, sir you are brave," I said as I quickly got behind him.

I placed my arm around his neck. He smelled like sex, sweat, and whisky. His body was shaking against mines, and he started to piss himself. He was scared. I tighten the grip on his neck as his hands started to claw my arm.  He was barely scratching the surface.

"Let me go you fucking monkey," he semi- yelled. 

I laughed as I heard the first man scream out in pain. I looked over and saw Zada forest green eyes light up as she broke the man's arm.

" Zada stop playing with your food. If you are going to eat him eat him, if not let the man go," my father said as he was now sitting on the ground with his back against the tree.

" You too Tristyan, " he said and smirked.

I let out a small growl in my throat before I felt my fangs grow.