32| Strawberry Ice Cream

A/N
I felt bad for the long wait so here's another chapter!!! Goodnight, it's 2 am here and I'm tired <3 Also please appreciate this photo of Sope (i'm in love w blonde Yoongi and messy hair Hobi)

A/NI felt bad for the long wait so here's another chapter!!! Goodnight, it's 2 am here and I'm tired <3 Also please appreciate this photo of  Sope (i'm in love w blonde Yoongi and messy hair Hobi)

-Melanie

*

*

*

Y/n POV

Once I finish up some light makeup, I look over to Taehyung who's been suffering for the last hour on my bed. We barely spoke and I can feel how awkward it was, "You know, we don't have to do this. I'm fine, so you can go home or do whatever you do." I say looking over to him.

He pulls out his phone and starts scrolling, "You can't back out now, Y/n. We're hanging out whether you like it or not."

I stand up, "Well okay then, I'm ready. Where are we going?" I ask, standing above his sprawled out body on my bed.

"Finally," He groans, kicking his feet off the edge of the bed.

"Keep that attitude and you can leave this room without me." I say firmly and he lowers his body to face my face better. "You can't get rid of me," he says booping my nose.

He leads me to his car and I place myself into the passenger seat, looking around in his car. I've never been in it in broad daylight and it was nicer and cleaner than I remembered.

"Did you clean up in here?" I ask once he sits in the driver's seat.

"Nope." He says, his face not revealing any emotion.

"So where are we going?" I ask again, but he ignores my questions and continues to drive in silence.

"God, I should have hung out with Jungkook instead," I say under my breath, partly wanting him to hear it, lucky for me he did.

"Then why didn't you?"

"Because I basically was forced to come and told that I had no choice." I explain, reading for the car radio. "Can I play music? It's too quiet in here."

"No it's not, you won't stop talking about how miserable you are when you're with me." He says, I can almost hear a pinch of disappointment in his voice.

"I'm not miserable," I say and he throws out a large laugh, "What?" I ask.

"You just talked about how you would rather be with Kook, that to me is being miserable." He continues laughing and I shake my head, being stubborn and all.

He finally pulls over to a curb, it's a curb to the city. It's been months since I came down here since it's always busy and I, myself, was too busy of a person to actually explore. "What are we doing here?" I ask and he looks over to me after putting his car into park.

"What do you think?" he asks and I roll my eyes, "I'm tired of the games. Tell me already." I say, being fed up of the constant teasing.

"You've clearly been bummed, even before the whole losing job thing. I wanted to get your mind off things for today," He finally looks at me in the eyes, "even if it means I annoy you."

I smile, but he looks away, hiding the slight pink popping into his cheeks. "So what are you waiting for? Let's get my mind off things." I open the door and he follows me.

He and I walked alongside each other while I probed him questions, "So when did you meet the others?"

"When I was 14 or 15, I think. It was after I got out of juvie and was placed into an orphanage Jimin was in the same one. He and I became really close since no one wanted to adopt a former prostitute and a criminal. Then he and I met some of the other boys at school, they were older than us so we didn't talk much until Namjoon approached us since he saw we were struggling in school, he's a real genius you know?" Tae grins playfully over at me, "Anyways, he started to get close to us and adopted us."

I look over at him, "What?"

"I mean his family did since they were so wealthy. Then he took care of us like an older brother, introducing us to shit that we didn't know. He-" He pauses and looks at the sky, "-saved me."

I can't help myself from staring at him, the young face peeking out of his usual stern one. "He did that for you?"

He nods, "Like I said, he's my family. But don't tell him I told you that." He says, pointing to my face and I nod back, holding back my laughter.

"You're cute." I say, quietly. I assume he didn't hear me since he looked down and didn't respond.

We walk into a store and I gaze at the many expensive dress, awing at the beauty in all of them. I stop and stare at a navy blue dress, it revealed cleavage, but was still classy. My breath gets stuck in my throat when I look at the price, something too high of a number to even consider so I place down the tag.

"Don't you like that one?" Tae asks, coming up from behind me.

"It's too expensive." I explain, shoving my hands in my pockets and walking away.

I step out of the store and wait for him to catch up, "Where to next?" he asks me.

"Can we get ice cream?" I ask, my voice sounding almost childish.

"Only if you pay," He negotiates and I laugh, "Fine." I agree.

We wander over to a small ice cream shop and we gaze at the many flavors, I choose 3 scoop of cookie and cream ice cream cone and Taehyung takes several minutes deciding the flavor he wanted, "Pick one already, they're waiting for you to order." I complain.

"Okay, okay, don't rush me. I would like a," His eyes scan the flavors for what feels like the millionth time doing so, "2 scoop of strawberry ice cream cone please." He finally decide and I make a face.

"What?" he asks, looking at my sour face, "Strawberry is one of the worst flavors." I complain and he nudges me lightly.

"Well, you don't have taste anyways," He argues once we both get our cones.

"You're right, I'm hanging out with you, what does that say about my taste in friends?" I joke.

"Touche." He laughs and we finish up our ice cream, not being able to continue our pitty arguments.