37| Missing

Y/n POV

I've spent my whole week hanging out with the boys at their work and at my house. I was slowly becoming really comfortable around them and wasn't as afraid anymore. As I thought, Jimin acted like what happened between us never happened, which at some points I was grateful for.

I was on my way home when I had the urge to drive to my mom's house and check on her since I haven't been able to reach her, but I was somewhat worried since our fights never lasted this long nor were this painful. I didn't have the job she hated so now everything can go back to normal right?

I pull into her driveway, but there's no car. I sigh out loud, wondering if she went out of town or something since she rarely used her car unless she was going somewhere far, other than that she would use public transportation.

I sit in my car for a while longer, determining if it would be a bad idea to knock on her door or leave a note. I unbuckle my seatbelt and a scribble a letter, updating her on some small things in my life, excluding the problems with Jennie and the fact that 'my new friends' all happen to be horny 20 year olds.

I read it over hesitantly, but walk over to her mailbox. It's overfilled with mail and I pause looking at it, she was always fast with checking her mail so this was unusual for her. I grab one and check the date of when it was sent and it was a bit after she and I had our fight. I anxiously check the others ones to see if they were similarly dated, and to not my surprise they were. I decide to leave mine on the top of the others and walk over to the neighbor's house next door.

I politely knock and wait for the elderly woman to answer, "Hi, I don't mean to burden you, but-" I start, but she cuts me off.

"Then don't." She slams the door in my face and I feel stunned.

I turn around and go across the street instead, rushing this time in case the grouchy old woman calls the police on me.

I knock on this door, it's glass and clearly more expensive than my mom's and the witch.

The door swings open and it's a woman who looks extremely tired, surrounded with the sound of young children shouting and giggling in the back. I cringe at her face, seeing how it was once so youth and beautiful, but now stressed with lines and lack of sleep. I'm never having kids.

"Hi, my mom lives across the street and I wanted to know if you saw her recently?" I ask, pointing to my mom's house.

She squints then looks back at me, "I'm not sure, I'm sorry kid. I'm busy and I haven't done some daily check up on whether or not my neighbors are leaving to buy some milk." she replies, clearly annoyed. I deicide not to argue with since she seems to have her hands full once a small girl runs in crying with a plastic spoon in her hand.

"Thank you anyways, have a good day." I say and bow before returning to my car.

I sit and think, I'm not sure what to do since I don't want to call the police for a missing person if my mom just went to the store for a carton of milk. I buckle myself and start my car. I'll come back tomorrow and if she's not here then I'll go to the police.

16 hours later

I wander around my kitchen looking for something to eat for lunch, but since I had no place to be getting money, I was running low of food and rent was due soon. I scraping by, but I had to wait a little longer until a job responds back, hopefully offering a position.

I grab a cup of ramen noodles and yawn, it was still early since I stayed up late last night watching movies, not wanting to sleep. Fortunately, the nightmares haven't reoccurred from the other night, but I'm still hesitant.

I hear a heavy knock on my door so I expectantly walk over, mostly assuming it's one of the boys, "Hey-"

Once I open the door I see it's not one of the boys and instead a police officer, my mind immediately thinking of the nightclub and whether my former boss reported me to the police for stealing a few bottles of wine, "If this is about the stolen wine, it wasn't me. I mean I said it was me, but I didn't do it. I was actually taking a fall for my friend, but it turns out he didn't take it either so I took the fall for no reason. I'm sure that someone was around that time to have seen that I rarely go back there. I swear I would never ste-"

"I'm not here for theft, ma'am." He interrupts my rambling and I study his face for a moment. I look up and think if I committed any other crimes recently, but nothing comes to mind.

"I don't think I broke the law actually, I mean there was an old lady yesterday and I ran a red light, but you're here because of that?" I snitch on myself and he only looks at me confused.

"No ma'am, I'm here to talk about your mother."

"My mom?" I ask, thinking about if the tired woman across the street reported her missing yesterday when I asked.

"Did you speak to her recently?" He asks.

"No, I haven't seen her in weeks," I sigh, thinking of our fight and wishing I was able to hug her knowing she would laugh at me for snitching on myself for telling an officer about how I broke traffic laws. I look to the officer and his face has softened and it makes my head tilt as if I were a dog.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but your mother was found dead this morning."