Chapter 29

"No, no..," John mumbled through his sleep as soon as he felt the body next to him disrupt the serene softness and comfort of the bed, "Don't pick up."

He stretched his hands out and tried to wrestle Cecilia back to his arms, but his stubborn new wife resisted playfully, yet skillfully and managed to free herself in order to put an end to this sound of horrific ringing that seemed to have no intention of stopping unless someone put an end to it by picking up the phone.

"It's driving me nuts, I can't take it," she giggled, then proceeded to silence the source of their disturbance.

"Hello?" she answered, "Oh, hey! Yeah, he's here."

"It's for you," she then cheekily turned and reached the phone towards John.

"Who is it?" he whispered, then accepted the phone with defeat as he understood that Cecilia had no intention of giving him an answer.

"Hello? Hi Lindy," he collapsed back onto the bed and gave Cecilia an annoyed glare that made her grin and snicker.

"Yes, I am aware. I was in fact there for the recording."

"I'm not being smug with you. We were supposed to have this week off."

"Alright, fine. I'll be there. Bye."

"That soul sucking demon," he muttered once he ended the call and threw the phone down.

Cecilia, amused by John's visible annoyance, couldn't help but start laughing, "What did he want?"

"Ha ha ha ha," he mocked Cecilia's laughter, "Apparently the date for the album's release has been set so we are having a meeting today."

"Oh yeah? When's it gonna be?"

"September 24th."

"Really? That's like in a month. Almost."

"I know," John mumbled in a clouded voice almost as his thoughts were slipping away when he suddenly jumped up and pulled Cecilia back to his embrace, "Why did you let me take that phone call, huh? Causing me marital distress already."

"Oh, please," she laughed, "If he wants you in a meeting today he would have reached you one way or another."

"That's true," he agreed with a sincere smile, "And good morning, by the way. How was your first night as Mrs. Frusciante?"

"Oh, it was.." Cecilia grinned before placing a kiss on John's lips, "Busy. Eventful."

She lifted herself from John's embrace and pushed his upper body down, then climbing on top of him with a mischevious look on her face.

"Oh, and did you like it?"

"I did," she nodded, then kissing her new husband seductively, "A good starting point for a first morning as Mrs. Frusciante."

"That can definitely be arranged," he now answered with a grin of his own, placing his hands on Cecilia's hips, then sliding them onto her chest and towards her back, and pulling her in for a deep kiss.

Yesterday, when Cecilia and John had been announced as husband and wife and the lovely tourist couple had taken their official wedding photographs, she had no idea what John had in mind when he referred to them going off to a honeymoon. At least not until they made it back home and Cecilia had a hard time believing the effort John had put into making that day (and night) special for them.

After John had jokingly demanded to carry Cecilia over the threshold and had succeeded in doing so with much pride, she was greeted by a house lit up with candles and decorated with flowers top to bottom. Even the classically cheesy rose petals leading up to the bedroom trick had been pulled and that was enough to make Cecilia's knees go weak and heart race with almost childish excitement. She definitely didn't expect anything that sort from the evening thinking that they would just have their tiny ceremony and perhaps a bottle of champagne at home.