Chapter 52

"I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I'm quite sure that phone calls are meant for answering," John worded as he watched Cecilia decline a yet another call on her cell phone.

"Yeah?" Cecilia mumbled as her attention was strictly concentrated on the magazine she was reading, "Only the ones you want to answer."

"Oh, come on," John looked at her for a moment, then placed his guitar aside and made his way over to the couch Cecilia was sitting on, "Are you going to ignore them forever?"

"If I'll have it my way, then yes," she answered without raising her eyes.

"It's your mom and your best friend," John lightly rolled his eyes as he placed his hand on Cecilia's thigh, "Talk to them."

Cecilia then took a deep breath, set the magazine aside and looked at John in silence for a few seconds.

"I still can't believe how forgiving you are towards these two," she worded as she stared him in the eyes.

"I..," John took a deep breath, then exhaled, "I just don't want you to be consumed in these negative feelings and this resentment. It won't do you any good. Just listen to what they have to say and then see how you feel. It's been a month."

"I'll.," Cecilia mumbled as she breathed, "I'll think about it."

"Please do," John smiled, then placed a kiss on her lips and asked, "Care for some tea?"

"Sure," Cecilia nodded and smiled, kissing him back, "I'll help you."

"Awesome," he grinned as the both of them got up from the couch and made their way to their tiny kitchen area, about to prepare a nice pot of hot tea for enjoying during yet another evening of their shared domestic bliss.

Cecilia watched John heat the water as she prepared the tea leaves and thought about how the simple activity of making tea together suddenly seemed like heaven and almost as the most blissful thing you could do together with a person you loved. The fact that there was absolutely nothing special about it is what actually made it special and that is how she had started to view almost everything in her life and especially everything that involved John as of late — the more mundane and more simple it was, the more she enjoyed and loved it.

Perhaps it was about the fact that she had missed him so much that she didn't care about what she did as long as she did it together with him, or perhaps it was about the fact that those tiny moments really made it feel like she was finally home again, she didn't even know herself, but it didn't even matter. The important thing was that every moment together with him made her so unbelievably happy that she still felt as if she was floating on a cloud day after day. And that feeling had become sacred to her, so very sacred that she didn't want anybody to invade her newfound piece of mind and heart.

At least definitely not her mom or Jessica.

Cecilia still had a hard time letting everything go, so much so that she had been successful in avoiding total contact with the both of them for a little over a month. Ever since the day that she had confronted Jessica, she had not exchanged a single word with either one of them, feeling like she just didn't have it in her to forgive them. At least not yet.

And the fact that the both of them kept calling and calling and trying to get into contact with her only made her resentment towards the both of them grow. All she wanted was to get her life back in order with the person she adored more than anything and she considered their desperate attempts to speak to her even something close to an invasion of privacy. If she was ever going to speak to them again, it was going to be on her terms and not because she was agreeing to ease their guilty conscience.