Chapter 26

"You could at least pack a pair of clean trousers or something," Cecilia smirked at John while observing her boyfriend, right in the middle of his packing activities, focusing more on his music gear and other necessities rather than something as mundane as clean clothing and let's say, a toothbrush.

"Oh, I have time," he shrugged, "Plus, I will be coming home on the weekends anyway. And you'll be working there quite often as well, so you can bring me clean clothes if needed."

"Oh, what am I? Your maid now?" Cecilia threw a pair of his own trousers towards John and rolled her eyes, a slight smirk still creeping on her lips regardless of that comment.

"Are you not?" John teased while performing probably the fastest jump of his life in order to dodge a playful smack by his lovely girlfriend.

"Fuck you, you moron," she laughed and then forced the same pair of pants into one of John's suitcases.

"I'm only kidding," John lightly laughed as he approached Cecilia and wrapped his arms around her, then whispered into her ear, "We have a guy for laundry."

"We have a guy for laundry," Cecilia turned her eyes towards him and mocked John's way of speaking, then poked her tongue out and tried to pout as hard as she could, trying to hold back her laughter.

"Feisty today, aren't we?" John snickered, then snaked his arms around his girlfriend even tighter, "I'll miss you, you know. I mean, we'll be seeing each other, but I will still miss you."

"Soft today, aren't we?" Cecilia giggled and let herself be consumed by John's embrace, "I'll miss you too. Even if I'll still see you. Being here alone for weeks is gonna suck. I'll be bored and scared."

"Bored and scared," John chuckled, "Then you can just call me in the mansion. Or invite Jessica over, or your little brother for company. He loves it out here."

"I guess you're right," she nodded and smiled, "I'm a big girl."

"Exactly," John chuckled again and intended to plant a kiss on Cecilia's lips, but that plan was suddenly interrupted by a loud honking noise coming from the outside.

"What the hell?" Cecilia almost jumped with startlement, John then only laughing and shaking his head, "Oh, that's probably Flea. I'll go let him in before the neighbors call the police on us."

"What a nut job," he mumbled to himself in amusement as he walked out of the bedroom, Cecilia's eyes trailing behind him.

"Cecilia, my dear," she then heard Flea's voice echo through the house, cheery as ever, and soon saw his smiley face appear on the doorstep of her and John's bedroom.

"Here you are," he smiled again, even wider, and walked over in order to take Cecilia in for a hug, "How have you been? Haven't seen you in a while."

"Hey," she happily smiled in response while accepting Flea's hug, "I've been alright. Working and all."

"Yeah?" he comfortably rested himself on the bed, "Any new photo projects coming up?"

"Besides the bunch of you num-nuts all over again? Not at the moment," she chuckled, causing Flea to laugh.

"Well, we are a handful," he agreed in amusement, then turned his attention to John, who was entering the room, "Yo dude, are you ready or what? You still have your shit all over the place."

"Relax, man, I'll be ready in a minute," he shrugged and continued packing, this time twice as fast.

"So Cecilia, the party tomorrow. You are coming right?" Flea averted his attention back to Cecilia.