4

Y/n gets to her dorm, she doesn't do much for the rest of the day, mostly just looking over the survivor's perk. What even is this thing? What did he survive?

Nighttime comes.. there's not much she can do. Maki would probably get mad at her if she snuck around at night. She doesn't even bother changing out of her clothes, she just puts the Monopad on the table and lies down in bed on her side, she falls asleep fairly quick, thinking about who could possibly be the mastermind.

It's around 7am, Y/n woke up early and just decided to walk around for a little bit. She sits on the stairs that lead up to the other dorms, reading the survivor perk over and over again. No matter how much she tries she just can't make sense of it, so, she decides to ask Rantaro about it himself.

He answers pretty quickly, he was obviously already awake.

"Y/n? Do you need something?"

"I'm.. sorry. For taking this." She hands him the Monopad. "It was just out on the open.. I couldn't help it. I'm really sorry."

Rantaro just stares at it for a second. "Don't worry about it. I mean, it's your talent after all, to look into things, find out all the secrets. You're probably pretty confused after looking at it, yeah?"

Y/n nods slowly. "Why did you get this? What did you do to win it?"

"I can't answer that.. because I honestly don't know. I remember the Ultimate Hunt, that's about it. Other than that I don't remember any more than you do."

"What's the Ultimate Hunt?"

"..It's nothing to worry about. You'll find out soon enough.. I trust that you can. If I know anything for certain, I know you're not the mastermind. If you were, what would be the point of taking this, investigating it, then giving it back and asking loads of questions?" He chuckles

"Everyone else believes it's me.. I don't think they like me much."

"Well.. that doesn't matter, because they're wrong, right? They won't actually do anything without proper evidence. You should be more worried about the actual mastermind coming for you."

"..Would they really? If everyone thinks it's me.. it draws suspicion off them."

"..." Rantaro thinks for a second. "Yeah.. you're probably right. But still, you shouldn't let your guard down."

"Of course not. I'm not stupid." She chuckles

"Well.. maybe that'll be your downfall. I've.. bothered you enough. It'll be morning soon. Do we agree to not speak about this again? Or at least not around the others."

"Agreed. I'll see you later."

"Yeah.."

Rantaro closes the door, and Y/n goes back to her room.

About half an hour passes and the morning announcement finally plays. Y/n heads to the dining hall where the rest of the students are.

"Good morning Y/n. You look worn out, are you alright?" Kirumi asks.

"Thank you for asking, but I'm okay. Just tired."

"Really? I'm feeling great! Man, this place can be nice without Monokuma around!" Kokichi says. "Even though Y/n is here, but it's alright! Because she's not annoying like Monokuma!"

"Nyeh.. I slept well last night. You shouldn't be worrying so much, Y/n." Himiko smiles

"Wow Himiko! You give such good advice! You're amazing!" Tenko squeals, it's really sweet watching Tenko and Himiko.