16

The next morning in the dining hall, Y/n is back to her usual self.

"Of course I'm fine.. some blood never hurt anyone. One time I was running from a group of army soldiers all with massive machine guns because I stole a top secret government file." She laughs normally, like nothing ever happened.

"Are you really okay.?" Tsumugi asks

"You guys have to stop worrying. We have more important things to be doing."

"But you can't recover that quickly after coughing up so much blood." Himiko says

"Please, I really don't want you all to make a big deal of it, just leave it to me, I can handle it."

"Y/n, You-" Maki starts, but Y/n just shushes her.

"Don't say anything, please. I'm asking you to not worry. I know what I have to do, and it'll all be fine, I promise."

Monokuma interrupts with giving the 'prizes'. It's two keys, one looks old and one looks futuristic and modern.

It unlocks a huge staircase leading up to Kaito's lab. It's what you would expect, space themed. But there's also a sheet of paper with information about the Gofer project, the project made to tackle the meteorites. They searched for talented people, was this.. the Ultimate Hunt? None of it makes any sense, the more information they learn the more confusing it gets.

On the 5th floor, next to Y/n and Shuichi's labs, another door unlocks, it leads to a research lab.. but this one is closed off. Because the owner of it is dead. So they come to the conclusion it must be Rantaro's. Y/n hates it.. because this entire time she's known something that nobody else knows about.. the survivor perk. If they ever find out about it.. she doesn't know how they'll react. Will they hate her for lying? Will they never trust her again?

Y/n walks around for a bit, trying to see what else is open, when she notices something in the distance near Miu and Keebo's labs. It looks like an opening into something that looks straight from a sci-fi movie, so she goes over and walks in. It's almost like some sort of cyber maze. She continues walking around it when she gets to what looks like a warehouse.

Inside she sees Shuichi and Keebo looking around.

"..What is this?" She asks

"Oh, hey. It's where all the Exisals are stored." Shuichi says, then points to 5 Exisals in a row, but they look powered down

"Ah, I see." She looks around, then she catches something out of the corner of her eye, so she turns to it. It's a huge hydraulic press. She goes over and looks at it. "Whats this for?"

"..Probably to scrap unwanted Exisals." Keebo says. "It seems you can control it with the control panel over there."

"And the safety notice says that it automatically stops if it detects a living being." Shuichi says

"Really? Well let's try it!" Y/n says enthusiastically.

"What?" Shuichi scratches the back of his neck.

"I'll go in it, and then see if it stops just before it crushes me.!"

"I-I don't think that's a good idea! What if it doesn't stop?" Keebo protests