14

Y/n goes to the courtyard for training that night. She still feels awful, but she just hopes they don't notice.

"Y/n! We were waiting! Come on, you gotta get better at time management!" Kaito says

"Sorry.. so what are we doing?"

"Well.. actually.. today, why don't us four just talk instead?"

"Talk.? About what?" Maki asks

"Stupid! Nobody decides what they talk about before they start talking!" Kaito grins. "Well.. let's go find somewhere to sit."

He chooses a random spot and they all sit down.

"So.. what do you guys wanna talk about?" He says.

"Didn't you say we shouldn't decide beforehand?" Shuichi says

"Well I'm asking now.! Hmm.. let's talk about Maki."

"Me.? Why me?" Maki says

"Because there's a lot we don't know about you.! Like what's your favourite blood type."

"Don't you mean what's my blood type?"

"Oh.. I had something I wanted to ask. When you said you were the Ultimate Child Caregiver, why was that?" Shuichi asks

"..I've already told Y/n most of the story, so she knows.. but I grew up in an orphanage. Kids just.. liked me for some reason. And then these men started showing up, they seemed like nice people, just watching the kids play. They were probably just scouting out for talents." Maki says.

"That's why they chose you then?" Kaito asks

"I didn't want to go.. but they would donate a huge sum of money to the orphanage if I did. Ever since that day I trained to become an assassin. Training was difficult.. I vomited every day and cried every night. After a while.. my heart gradually became empty. Each job that I had.. I got number and number. Until I just.. felt nothing anymore." Maki sighs deeply after finishing.

Y/n looks at her sadly, all this.. burden she's been carrying for so long. And she never got to open up until just now.

"There. That wasn't that interesting after all.."

"Jeez.. you're carrying too many burdens for someone so small. Don't try to shoulder things on your own, you gotta trust people. And thanks to training, you finally started feeling again!" Kaito says

"..I started feeling again when I met Y/n and fell in love.. but.. maybe training helped.."  Maki smiles a bit

Y/n smiles and chuckles.

"Nice one Y/n!" Kaito laughs and high fives her.

They all just talk about mindless stuff. It's the first time they had proper fun here.. they can just forget about the killing, just for a bit.

The following day is as normal as a killing game gets.. Y/n spends all day in her lab, looking through all the books about conspiracies and testing all the cameras.

Then, at nighttime once she's getting ready to go to training, the doorbell rings.

She opens it.. and surprisingly, Miu is there.

"Miu? What are you doing here?"

"Well.. I figured I'd forgive you for not wanting to fuck me all that time ago, and give you a second chance! Well? You in!?"

"Thank you, but I'm okay."

"Hmph.. another thing! Your ass is hella suspicious! I was just thinking about it.. and you know when Korekiyo was talking about all that bullshit.. and then he was saying something about you having a 'forbidden love'. What was he talking about!?"