*Chapter Nineteen: Think for yourself

"Here," Leandor said through the half down window of the SUV. He was holding snacks and bottles to drink from the gas station we stopped at. "It'll make you feel better." He reached his arm in to hand me the stuff but I shielded myself from him gazing out the window.

I would have tried to escape but they put the child proof lock on all the doors and the glass was blot proof.

Crossing my arms I didn't look at my mate. "I'm not hungry." I told him. My stomach chose the wrong time to make an entrance. It grumbled loudly and I winced. It did hurt a little. I was starving but I wouldn't tell him that.

"Mia knock it off." He warned opening the door and putting the stuff on the seat next to me. I shifted over on the seat being careful not to let him touch me. "The doc said you have to eat or you won't heal properly." Leandor explained like it would magically change my mind.

"I don't care." I retorted leaning against the opposite car door. My head resting on the tinted window. Another loud grumble erupted and it made my stomach twist in a knot. I squeezed my eyes shut trying not to think of the feeling of emptiness.

The vehicle rocked a little and I opened my eyes again and this time they met the green orbs that were Leandor's. My breath caught in my throat. He was a divine master piece I could tear apart right about now but I'll never allow myself that pleasure.

"What do you want from me?" He asked. There was a plea in his voice.

Nathan was in the gas station paying gas which explained why Leandor was showing emotion now. An emotion alphas never show. He looked so out of place and tiny. His confidence gone. He sat there in desperation.

It kind of pained me to know I was causing him this. Even if it was a small thing it still did upset him. I didn't like it.

Groaning I made myself sit properly. I put my hands in my lap and looked at him.

"To leave me alone."

I was being blunt I know. His face dropped even more and his eyes flash gold. He was getting angry I knew that much which was way I had as much distance between us as I could make.

"Why? Don't you understand that we are mates?" He question sounding hurt and betrayed.

I felt a pinch of hurt tugging at my heart. Why must my wolf make me feel this way? We definitely weren't on the same page here. I wanted to save Leandor and his pack and all my wolf wanted to do was get fucked in his bed by him.

"No, I do understand that. I've noticed the pull between us since the moment I laid eyes on you." I paused to piece together the jumbled mess of words in my head. I had a lot to say but I had to be delicate and careful which ones to say. "I care about you Leandor. I care too much to stick around. I have to find Elena before things get anymore complicated." I tried explaining.

Leandor let out a frustrated breath of air. "Why can't you stay? Why do you have to follow everything your sister says? It's like you depend solely on her. Why can't you depend on me?"

"I- I don't know why. Elena never told me-" I cut myself off short before any other unwanted words came fumbling out of my mouth.

"Tell you what Mia?" Leandor asked frantic. He moved closer to me and I pressed myself even more into the door. "I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong."

I gulped down the fear and nerves. "You can't, cause even I don't know what I'm running from."

Leandor stared at me confused. His muscles flexed in his jaw making my wolf want to reach out and touch the tension he had in his face. More like try and take that tension away from him. Hint, hint, wink, wink.