Forty- Four: Take charge

I sat there slumped against the door for a while trying to listen to anything I could in the House.

Leandor had left hours ago. He left only Kyle and a couple other pack members to guard the house and probably guard me as well.

There were so many thoughts going through my mind. I didn't want Leandor to hate me. I couldn't help who I was, but I could have helped the fact of being a silver wolf if I had just told him right away. Why did I hide this from him?

There was a scuffle somewhere in the house, or so I thought. I stood up waiting for someone to walk into my bedroom but no one did. Instead, I yelped and jumped back for the balcony doors what to girls slumped over the railing.

I stepped closer to the balcony only to realize that it was Leah and Paula.

"Never... again," Leah said to Paula dusting herself off annoyed. "You're lucky you're my sister in law or else I wouldn't be breaking my literal back over a balcony railing for your dumb ass."

"Will you shut up. I only asked for your help because I thought you would understand me. And I have no one else." Paula said sounding offended and hurt.

"I just do understand why the moon goddess decided his man was worth all this." Leah continued helping Paula off her knees.

I walked over to the doors. One hand was on my hip as I opened the door with my eyebrows raised.

"Should I ask? Or would that be a waste of time or something?" I questioned.

Leah looked over at Paula giving her that face of you better explain this shit cause I'm not.

"Hello, Luna." Paula said walking into the room. Leah followed behind her smiling at me as she did so.

I closed the door and sat on my bed. "So, are either of you going to explain to why you climbed up a two store house just to talk to me? Cause if that wasn't obvious that you didn't want anyone to see you I don't know what is. So what is it that no one is allowed to know about?"

Paula looked at Leah so some kind of guidance.

"Don't look at me girl this is all you." Leah told her as she nosed around the bookshelves in my room and of family pictures of Leandor. It was only then that I noticed a picture of Leandor and I. It was of us from the gathering. We were smiling about something and we both looked like a happily married couple.

Paula stood awkwardly.

"I need your help Luna." She started to explain.

"Call me Mia. I hate formalities remember?" I told her. She nodded and continued. Leah stopped what she was doing to listen a hint of a nervous smile was on her lips.

"Yes, sorry," Paula said. "I need her help Mia and I know that you are the only one to understand and do anything about it. Leandor doesn't care and no one else in this pack, not even my brother will really help me."

"What is it that no one will help?"

"I found my mate and well I was somewhere where I shouldn't have been but Nathan was running late in serving meals for the pack prisoners and umm... my mate is one of them." Paula looked like she was about to cry. "I don't know his name and he wouldn't talk to me it hurt. I don't know what Leandor did to him Mia but it messed with his mind. He turned into some kind of animal."

My heart dropped I knew exactly who she was talking about. It was Logan.

Everything from a while ago came crashing back how he looked nothing like himself anymore and looked like a monster. Yelling and clawing at the bars of the cell. I remembered how he looked at me with such hate. He wasn't himself I knew that much but I didn't know either was Leandor had done to him. Did he drive him insane?