*Chapter Six: Foolish Type

Hot, heat and a lot of it weighed me down. I gasped for a large enough breath of air. Why couldn't I breath? Oh shit I'm dying! Leandor was killing me wasn't he? Oh my freak'n God I'm going to die. I struggled beneath the weight that kept me pinned on the bed. It wasn't until I brought my leg up did I hear a groan and the mass above me rolled off.

Huffing for air I looked over to find Leandor holding his crouch with a pained expression on his face. Now it all hit me again. I had fallen asleep with Leandor's massive arms around me. I let out a giggle when I saw I had accidentally kneed him in the balls. Opps.

"Good morning?" I said awkwardly. He looked up at me and glared those mesmerizing green eyes. I gave him a nervous and apologetic smile. His look immediately softened at me. I honestly didn't mean to knee him, I guess it's just an extra bonus for this morning.

Standing up and away from the bed I aimed for the conjoining bathroom on the far side of the room. I didn't quite make it as the Leandor tingles of my mate tickled my midriff. I stopped the moan that yearned to be sounded. I wouldn't give him the pleasure of it. He didn't deserve it.

Like I was stroke by lightening and finally gaining my sense back I yanked free from Leandor. He growled unhappily but he'd have to deal with it because he isn't getting a part of me, not ever. Why can't he see that? Is he blind of something? The idiot seriously needs to get his mind on something else and stop trying. We weren't ever going to be something.

"Don't push me away." Leandor spoke lowly. His voice sounded husky with sleep still but that didn't mean his demand didn't sound anymore less frightening. My wolf wanted to kneel down to his every command. If it were up to her we would have taken him in the prison cell with Elena and Nathan watching. I shivered thinking about it. It grossed me to think of me ever doing something like that in front of my older sister.

"I'm going to the bathroom Leandor, relax. It's not like I can escape from the bathroom." I pointed out hoping he would just let me go. He should have enough brain cells to allow me to go to the bathroom.

"How do I know you won't try?" He asked as I approached the bathroom readying myself to close the door in his face. Leandor was studying me carefully taking in my every shape and form.

"You don't." I stated closing the door just as his face turned ice pale and his eye drew wide. Not even a split second after that his eye grew black in color and he growled aggressively. Shuting the door and braceing it with my body I listening to the pounding on the door. And roaring growls Leandor was projecting. I've got to be the stupidest person in world! Why the hell would I egg him on like that?!

"Open this door! Right now!" Leandor barked out and I gulped a lump of nerves down. Shit! He was hitting the door hard enough I was surprised it didn't fall off the hinges yet.

"Leandor stop! You're going to break the door!" I shouted but it didn't seem like I was getting through to him because he continued his pursuit in hitting the door. The door was surely going to fall off soon. "Dan-"

I didn't get a chance to finish my yelling when the door broke off and flew across the room shattering the clay tile on the bathroom walls. The clatter made me scream and I ducked to the floor and onto my stomach. I wasn't quick enough in my movements as the door exploded into a bits and fragments of splinter chips. I protected my face and neck but I couldn't block out the pain that shot up form my ankle. I didn't dare to look at the horrific look of my ankle. Leandor was breathing heavy but I didn't look at him afraid of what he might do to me.

The trickles of blood felt on my skin and the searing pain traveling through every vein and nerve I had, brought nausea to me. I bit the inside of my mouth to keep from screaming out my pain.

When I couldn't hear any movement or sound besides the chirping of the birds outside I slowly rolled onto my back and gazed up at Leandor. He had his eyes closed and was trying to calm himself down. With another wave of pain coming over me I sat up and looked at my ankle. It was much worse than I thought. There were ten or more different splinter chips protruding out from my ankle alone. That was without counting the hundred or more sticking out of my calves, thighs, and any exposed skin.

There was blood that was flowing out of the gashes. I had to get these wood chips out of me if I wanted to heal. I couldn't heal with them inside of me.

I raised a shaky hand to a splinter and hissed at the lightest touch on the tender wound. Leandor's gaze snapped towards me. I didn't care for what reason he was looking at me, all I wanted to do was heal. I placed my hand to the splinter and pinched it between my forefingers. I took a huge intake of breath and counted to three ripping it out swiftly.

I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned audibly. Tears stunk the backs of my eyes. I wouldn't allow myself to cry it was weak and I wasn't weak. Leandor was the one beneath me not the other way around.

"Here let me help." Leandor said kneeling down beside me. I moved away.

"Get away from me." I told him. He stiffened at my tone. "This is your fault." I hissed at him. He looked hurt as he should. This truly was his fault. The guy needs anger management and therapy!

I turned my attention back to my splinter punctured legs. The scene would make anybody cringe with discomfort. I can only think what Elena might be imagining. So far I haven't felt pain through our connection from her side, which meant no one has bothered to touch her. I was grateful for that.

Leandor stared at me a while longer before walking off into our room slamming the door to the room leaving me to clean after myself. How lovingly. Note the sarcasm in that. Not a moment later a young girl about my age maybe even younger walked in. Her pale skin and blond hair were in perfect condition. She looked youthful and carefree like a fresh flower bud in spring. The harsh world seems to have never touched her.... yet.

"May I help you?" I asked with a little harshness in my tone. I regretted it instantly when her face fell. She made her way to me and stood to the door of the bathroom not coming any closer. The girl kept her gaze on the ground not look to me respectfully. I wasn't Luna or alpha so I don't know why she did this.

"Alpha Leandor wanted me to help mend your wounds." She squeaked out. I looked her up and down examining her build and every flaw she had, which wasn't many.
"I don't need help." I said rolling my eyes at the thought of Leandor telling a girl to help me for what he did. I didn't want help from him whether it be directly or through another person. I just didn't want anything to do with the cruel hearted bastard.

I yanked another splinter out cursing and wincing with pain. I threw the splinter in the sink and went for another one pulling that one out as well. The young girl stood by the door fidgeting with her fingers awkwardly.

"Y-you're doing that wrong miss. Y-you should use t-tweezers." The girl spoke up taking tweezers from behind the cabinet. She sat next to me and looked wearily at me. I could finally see her eyes and the piercing grayish green orbs that looked at me. The moment they connected with my gaze they snapped to my bleeding ankle. "May I?" She asked pointing do the splinter chips. I nodded my head and allowed her to go to work.

I winced and jerked my leg every time she pulled a wood chip out. It was about five minutes into it and more then fifty different splinter pulled out when I finally asked. "What's your name?"

The young blonde girl stopped and slowly raised her eyes to mine. "Paula Sparks." She told me.

"Pretty name." I told her. Paula smiled at me and went back to picking out the chips of wood. I winced again for another few minutes until we were almost finished.

"W-what's your name miss?" Paula asked stuttering. She shook a little afraid I'd lash out. It made me wonder if someone had hurt her before from asking questions. It wouldn't surprise me if so. This pack is so violent.

"Promise not to tell?" Testing her trustworthiness.

"I promise Luna." She said smiling.
I swallowed hard and thought about all the bad things and good things that come out of this simple decision. My whole plan and safety could go up in flames if I spoke up. I didn't know if I was ready to tell her this a mere member of the pack my name. For all I know she could be the biggest gossip girl in the pack. Every pack has one. Yet, I am always the foolish type.