Thirty-Four: The Gathering {Part One}

Two days have past and not a single word of Elena or Vincent. Today is the pack gathering. Leandor was splitting up his duties between himself and Nathan, since the search was still on for my sister and her mate.

I felt useless sitting at the mansion by myself all day. Of course I wasn't actually alone Leandor would never agree to that but Talon, Kyle, and Carter were currently sitting in the living room. They were quiet for the most part watching some sports channel.

I didn't pay much mind to them as I set my attention on making something for all of us to eat. I had to get rid of the awful thoughts of what Elena and Vincent might be enduring. My stomach churned at the thought.

So lost in my thought I hadn't noticed Talon standing across the counter I was sitting at.

"You're stressed." He started saying, taking another step towards me leaving Kyle and Carter to themselves.

I raised my eyes to his. Talon looked openly concerned for me and maybe that is why I soon found myself freely talking to him.

"Is it that obvious?" I questioned running my hands through my thick brown hair.

"Anyone can smell it." Just to prove his point he sniffed the air and crinkled his nose. "I don't blame you though, if that makes you feel any better." Talon tried telling me. I smiled a little.

"Thanks, but it doesn't really help much." I replied honestly. Biting my lip I glanced out at the living room where Carter and Kyle now where deep in conversation. This was my only chance. I know Carter would never tell me and Kyle was to much of a goody good either, to tell what I wanted to know. Talon was my only chance and I was set on taking that opportunity.

"What's wrong with Logan? Why was he like that?" I spit out the questions before I regretted asking.

The moment they came out Talon tensed up and leaned his hands on the counter top staring straight in my eyes. He must have known I was bound to ask about Logan because he relaxed after a short well. He sighed contemplating on whether or not to actually answer my question.

"Mia I honestly have no idea. I was never with Leandor when he was interrogating him. If anyone knows anything about it, it would be Leandor or Nathan." Talon explained.

I sucked my lip in my mouth nervously thinking about everything that's happened the past few days. It seemed so surreal, like what's happened should never have happened. That's probably because it shouldn't have happened.

"Leandor refuses to tell me anything about it. I don't want to slow down his efforts in finding my sister and Vincent neither. I- I just thought maybe someone else could tell me what I want to know." I said seeming genuinely upset about everything.

I hoped my act would make Talon open up to me. I know I was guilt tripping him into saying something but I needed to know. I was tired of staying out of the loop. More of the pack knows what's going on than their own Luna. That doesn't sound like a functional pack, now does it?

A groan sounded from Talon's direction and I looked over at him. He pulled at his blond roots, stressed. His hazel eyes connecting with mine briefly before they flashed silver. Silver?

Before I could see if my eyes were deceiving me Talon shook his head fighting the urge to give into my plea for information.

"Luna-"

"Mia." I cut him off. "Please call me Mia." I smiled trying not to give away what I saw. It had to be the trick of the lighting. "I don't like all the formalities."

Talon looked taken aback, but ended up nodded in understanding.

"As much as I'd like to tell you everything it's not my place to say anything. Alpha Leandor has strict rules that have to be obeyed at all times. It'd how we stay strong as a pack. If it weren't for these rules we wouldn't be known as the strongest pack." He paused a short while. By now I was starting to get irritated with everyone thinking that Midnight Shadow Pack was so amazing. Does anyone see the flaws... The major flaws? "The Alpha has worked hard to get us here."