Chapter Twenty: Who do you think you are?

It was a half an hour to seven. Leandor had checked up on me once, by then I was fully healed even my ankle was getting better. Paula had come up a few moments after Leandor left the first time. She had to feed me because I couldn't raise my arm up above my chest.

Leandor really ruined my arm. I don't really care if he had to cause pain or put it back into place if it was going to heal wrong. What he did hurt so badly! I wanted to scream. The pain was excruciating. Pulling out my teeth one by one would be less painful that ripping my arm back to the point I thought that he was going to pull it off.

Now I was wandering around trying to find a decent outfit. Looking at the cloths I had brought I realized nothing was suited for such an event. I was the Luna, while forced to be a Luna of a pack I wanted to escape from.

Getting frustrated with all the black, depressing cloths I had packed when I left Luther's pack I grunted ad slumped to the floor. I looked up at the clock on the dresser. I had less tan ten minutes to get dressed and meet the pack.

Giving up I strayed away from Leandor's room and walked the long hallways of the mansion. Down the stairs I heard someone making noise in the kitchen. Walking down the steps I came to see Paula. Her blonde hair falling perfectly down her back. She was so small. I couldn't get over the fact how tiny she truly was. I wished I was that small, but nope I had to be close to six foot. Honestly I looked like a man, I thought. What man wants a tall women and a women that's almost as tall as them?

"Hey." I said softly. She twirled around with and cautious smile.

I've been wondering for hours now why Paula always seems to look so cautious and fearful of... well everyone. I never understood why. I remember the first time I was here, before I escaped how Leandor treated her. I guess she thought I would treat her just the same. I made it my goal now to show her that I wasn't even close to what Leandor is.

"Hello." She whispered quietly. She held her hands together and looked at me. "Do you need anything Luna?"

"No, yes, maybe..... and please Paula don't call me Luna, I'm Mia, just Mia." I reminded her. I didn't like the title. I felt like it wasn't necessary to use it. Everyone after tonight will know who I am.

"Ok," Paula replied smiling a little. I smiled back loving that I was able to make her feel comfortable with me. Just a little bit more and she'll be an open book. Hopefully. "What can I help you with?"

"I need something to wear for the pack gathering tonight. Do you have anything I may borrow? Well, actually-" I paused studying her. She fidgeted under my gaze and her smile faltered completely. Shit! What did I do wrong? I wasn't judging her. "I don't think I'll be able to fit in any of your clothing. Do you think anyone else might have large enough clothes I'll be able to wear, that they wouldn't mind allowing me to wear?"

She stared up at me a little smile tugging at the corners of her lips. " I know just the person."

"Who?" I asked eager. I didn't have much time left.

"We have to leave the mansion and go to the pack house." Paula explained. I didn't know if Leandor would feel ok with me leaving. I thought over everything. It was either look like a slob at the gathering or have, maybe, pissed off Alpha. Maybe if I leave a note about wear I'm going he won't be so upset.

Searching the draw for a pen and tablet I finally found one and started writing a message.

Dear, Leandor

I went to the pack house with Paula. I went to get cloths I'll be right back.

Mia