Forty-Two: Plans

Last night was something to remember, but however amazing it was we had no time to cuddle up together.

Leandor was quick to take a shower and get changed. I sat on the bed thinking about everything. I was trying to cope with the situation. I tried to clear my mind by scrolling through the channels on the tv. It was to no avail.

"Mia stop over thinking." I heard Leandor say as he finished putting on his shirt. He leaned over and kissed my forehead.

"That's so much easier said than done. This is family, we are talking about and this is a war I brought." I admitted to him. He was about to argue that I hadn't but I cut him short. "No don't even try and tell me that I had nothing to do with this Luther starting a war with us. It's the truth."

Leandor pressed his lips tightly together wishing he had something to say. There wasn't anything to be said.

"Okay it is the truth, but it is nothing I or this pack cannot handle," Leandor told me sitting on the bed next to me. "This is what we train for."

Leandor embraced me in a side to side hug. There was a little part of me that was hoping that in some miracle way this was not going to end in bloodshed. And that nightmare flashed before my eyes and I remembered Leandor being ripped apart by Luther and his pack.

"But this is not a training this is for real. Leandor you aren't going out there to plan another training this is a war you are planning for. Where some of your best fighters and best friends will die." I told him. I didn't sugar coat what was inevitably going to happen. Sometimes I think that Leandor underestimates situations like these. These are his men that he talking about planning for death. Not all of them will come back.

Leandor may not come back...

My stomach sank even further than before. That image of his eyes going cold made me sick.

"Mia these men in my pack are ready to make any and every sacrifice they have to, to protect you, me, and this pack. You have to remember when anyone makes a threat to you they are threatening this pack. When anyone threatens me they are threatening this pack. When anyone threatens anyone in this pack they are threatening this pack. We are a family and we will protect each other as such." He kissed my forehead making me a little less nervous. But it did not, however, help with the issue that has really been making me crazy, my sister.

"What about my sister. What will become of her?" I looked up at Leandor. I wanted to see what his reaction would be. I wanted to know where he stood. Whatever he said would either make me or break me.

His eyebrows furrowed together. He was thinking hard and long and it was driving me insane.

"What she did was treasonous...but at the same time, I'm not sure that she is herself either. If I see her on the battlefield I won't kill her." He admitted making a weight lift off of me. "But if she tries to kill someone on my pack I will have no other reason other than to kill her. I have to protect my family."

"NO!" I screamed. "She is all I have Leandor! PLEASE! Don't kill her." I pleaded. He looked broken and angry with me.

Probably because he knew she was all I had but yet I was asking for something that would but his position as being an alpha in question. I didn't want to do that to him. If he would save her then I would have to.

I could fix her... couldn't I?

"Mia do you realize what you are saying? What you are asking me?" He stood up and pushed my hands away when I went to grab him. I still had no clothes on but I didn't think about it.

"Would you let her father or your mother be killed?!" I yelled trying not to cry but my eyes were watery.

"Would you watch someone be killed in your family and save the murderer?" Leandor said making me look dumbstruck. I didn't know what to say back. I didn't know what to think, HE was right.