Chapter 6

Adelyn

"I'm going back to La." I say shoving my bag in my trunk. "Is that such a great idea? With everything going on?" Lillian asks.

"You can say his name, Lily." I say. "I'm not the fragile little girl I once was."

"I know that, I just don't want you to get hurt again." Lillian says. I nod and hug her. "Thank you for being there for me."

Lillian nods. "Of course."

"Isabelle will be in San Diego for a few more days which mean I shouldn't have to deal with Ethan. So I'll go back and just- start living my life again, I guess." I shrug putting my hands in my pockets.

"Well, I love you. Call me whenever you want." Lillian smiles small. I nod, "Love you too."

"Bye." She says hugging me again.

I smile small before getting in my car. I shut my door and put on my seatbelt. Lillian walks back up to the house.

I turn my car on and click on my playlist. As I drive away from the house I decide to stop by the grocery store, there probably won't be much food left at the apartment. Plus if I stop at the grocery store in LA it will be more busy.

I hum a few songs as I drive towards the store.

"It's like your my mirror, my mirrors staring back at me." I sing with Justin Timberlake.

I park my car outside the store. I grab my purse and keys and step out of the car. Out of habit I check my outfit in the mirror.

It was casual- ripped skinny jeans and a pastel pink cropped hoodie. I had my hair tied half up half down and barely any makeup on.

I lock my car and walk inside the store. I grab a cart and begin to look around.

"What do I need? What do I need?" I whisper to myself.

I grab a carton of milk and a few things of yogurt.

"Hmm." I hum.

Examining the fruit I pick out my favourites, and a few for Isabelle. Finally, I make it to the snack aisle.

"Mm, I like these." I say putting a pack of Doritos and Cheetos in the cart.

Then I look through the chocolate. "No- no. No chocolate." I scold myself and quickly walk away.

I walk through the next few aisle and grab a few things. I grab some toilet paper then I walk further down the aisle.

"Shampoo. Yes, I need." I say squating down searching for my favourite one.

"Yes! Grapefruit." I almost squeal picking it up. I stand back up and put it in my cart.

"Oh my god." A voice mutters from behind me.

I turn around and immediately wish I didn't.

"What the fuck. Do you have a tracker on me or something?"

He rolls his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me."

Ethan scoffs. "Shut up." He says with a small smile.

I shiver and chuckle slightly, so does he.

A voice brings us back to reality.

"I found it." Olivia chuckles walking over with a chocolate cake mix. "Adelyn." She says.

I clear my throat. "Olivia, you're back from Miami?" I ask quickly changing the subject.

"Just for a few days." Olivia says. "It's uh- great to see you. You look really great." She smiles.