Chapter 23

Ethan

I haven't seen her since the club, luckily. But I know I have to run into her at some point today.

I know I hurt her.

I should have told her how I felt about what happened but,

I can't loose Isabelle, because then I will have lost someone else.

That's why I told Isabelle I love her.

Because I hoped eventually, I would. And I knew if I didn't tell her, she would leave. Like everyone else.

"Your tie needs to be tighter." Isabelle says before pushing my tie up slightly.

I swallow the lump in my throat.

"What?" She asks before grabbing her purse. "It's just really tight." I mutter before pulling it down slightly.

Isabelle sighs before opening the door of the hotel room. I follow after her shutting the door behind me. We walk over to the elevator and get in when the doors open.

After, what feels like, a long ride to the venue we finally arrive. We get out of the cab and walk towards the group of people standing around.

A few minutes later we're directed to our seats.

"This venue is beautiful." Isabelle says. "I'd love to get married somewhere like this one day, it has a beautiful house to take pictures around and to get ready. Oh and the reception over there under the fairy lights looks so pretty." She says in awe looking around.

Married?

"What do you think?" Isabelle questions as we take our seats- only at the third row.

I'm sitting on the end and she's beside me. One of Adelyn's cousins sits beside Isabelle.

"Yeah." I agree.

Isabelle looks over at me. A soft expression on her face. I pull my gaze away from her not being able to look her in the eyes.

I begin to search for her.

"Ethan." Isabelle says softly beside me.

I turn to face Isabelle. Her expression is soft, almost painful. "What's going on?"

//

Adelyn

Renee zips up my dress. I flatten my stomach slightly looking in the mirror and sigh.

"Addy, you look so pretty." She smiles. I turn to her slightly and force a smile. "Thanks."

Renee shakes her head. "Adelyn Rose Daniels. We aren't doing this anymore. You're telling me what's going on right now."

"Renee." I warn. "Not today."

"Adelyn-"

"I mean it. It's Nate and Lily's day. The biggest day of their lives. I'm not making this about me." I explain before slipping into my heels.