Chapter 27

Four weeks later

Adelyn

"You know they're going to make a big deal out of this, right?" I question as we walk into the restaurant. "It wouldn't be our family, if they didn't." Ethan chuckles. "True." I laugh.

We spot them all seated over in the back. "I guess we were late." I chuckle as we walk over.

"Yes, you definitely were." Renee says. "You better get use to it, Ethan's late to everything." Sadie adds. "Am not." Ethan says.

I chuckle and take a seat beside My Mom, Ethan sits beside his Dad.

"Have you guys ordered?" I ask. "No, we aren't doing this." Nate says. "You're telling us right now why you called us all here."

Everyone chuckles and I look over at Ethan.

"Ok, good news or bad news?" Ethan chuckles.

I look around and people begin shouting good or bad.

"No, bad news first, that way it will even out the bad!" Nate exclaims.

Everyone begins to agree.

I turn to Ethan. "I'm saying the good news, so you say that bad."

Mom, Dad and Mark laugh.

Ethan rolls his eyes. "You do it." He laughs and nudges me.

"Just go!" Olivia exclaims with a laugh.

"God, hurry up!" Axel laughs.

"We're moving to New York." Ethan says quickly.

Everyone sits almost shocked. I turn to my Mom who has a small smile on her face.

"Quickly say the good news before it gets ugly!" Nate exclaims. "Hurry!" Lily adds.

I laugh and my eyes water before I even say it. "I'm pregnant!"

"What?!" Everyone begins freaking out.

I laugh as I look at my Mom who's crying as well. She quickly pulls me in. "Oh my gosh!" She exclaims. "I know." I laugh as tears pour from my eyes.

"I told you I was gonna be an Uncle!" Nate exclaims as he pulls me into a tight hug. "Yes, you are." I laugh with tears in my eyes.

"What the fuck!" Lily laughs as we hug tight. "I know it's crazy!" I exclaim with a laugh.

//

Narrators pov

12 weeks later

"You guys can't cry!" I exclaim as a few loose tears begin to fall from my eyes.

"We can't help it." Lily replies before hugging Adelyn tight again.

"We should probably let them get on the road." David reasons with a chuckle.

Lily and Adelyn pull away. Adelyn turns to David and he pulls her into a hug.

"This is the right thing for you two, Lynny. It's gonna be hard in the beginning but this is what's right for you. Don't forget that." David says softly.

Adelyn nods her head as she lets her extra tears fall. "I love you, dad."

"I love you." David whispers back softly.

They pull away before Adelyn turns to Renee. "I'm happy for you." Renee whispers before pulling her big sister into her.

"Thank you." Adelyn replies. "I love you."

"I love you too." Renee sniffs before they pull away.

Renee turns around to compose herself and Adelyn steps towards her younger brother.

"Be good." Adelyn chuckles through her tears.

"I'll try." Axel chuckles before Adelyn hugs him tight. "I love you." He says. Adelyn smiles. "I love you too."

Adelyn swallows the lump in her throat before turning to her older brother.

It's noticeable that Nathan is trying to hide his emotions.

Adelyn takes a deep breath as she steps towards him.

"I'm so proud of you." He smiles small.

She smiles before pulling him into a tight hug. "I love you so much." Adelyn says as her tears get the best of her.

Nathan smiles. "I love you too, catty."

"I seriously couldn't have asked for a better older brother." Adelyn begins to cry. "It's going to be so hard knowing you're not just two hours away."

Nathan nods his head agreeing. "We have phones for a reason, that will just have to work for a while." He smiles small.

Adelyn nods her head.

Nathan looks to Ethan. "Look after her for me, Orlando."

"Always." Ethan smiles and shakes Nathan's hand.

Adelyn looks to her Mom.

They hug tight. "It's your time, Adelyn." She whispers.

Adelyn pulls away slightly to look up at.

"I'm so excited." Adelyn admits with a small smile.

"So am I." Mom agrees as she wipes her tears.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"As soon as the baby comes I'm getting straight on a flight." Sadie exclaims.

Adelyn and Ethan laugh.

"Anyone is welcome at anytime." Adelyn adds before hugging Ethan's sisters and dad.

"Ok." Ethan says taking a deep breath and looking to Adelyn.

Adelyn nods her head agreeing.

Ethan smiles small and pulls her into a hug. "Let's do this." Adelyn whispers with a smile.

Ethan smiles and kisses her cheek before they climb into the car.

"Bye! We love you!" Their family shouts as they begin to drive out of the driveway.

Adelyn and Ethan wave and they toot the horn as they pull out of the neighbourhood.

Ethan reaches over and intertwines their hands.

Adelyn looks over and smiles at him.

"Did we do it?"

"We did it."