Chapter 22

Adelyn

I've never felt more dirty.

No matter how long I stood in the shower- I felt as if I could never be clean.

I notice my phone begins to ring.

Reluctantly, I turn off the shower and wrap myself in a towel. I walk out of my bathroom and grab my phone from my nightstand.

It's Lily.

I clear my throat before answering,

"Hey Lily."

"I'm coming to get you in thirty minutes. Dress hot." She chuckles.

"I just got out of the shower-"

"Too bad. This is official bridal business. See you in thirty!" Lily exclaims before hanging up.

//

I couldn't get myself to dress up too much.

Hopefully Lily is just taking me drinking so I can drink all my sorrow and guilt away.

I rush into my black leather skirt, along with black longsleeve crop top and black heels.

I straightened my hair and barely wore any makeup.

Lily appeared at my room and I followed her into a cab. She whispered an address to him and suddenly we were off.

I can't help but nervously bounce my leg.

Is he going to tell her? Should I tell her? Maybe he should. She's going to hate me. She'll never talk to me again.

"Adelyn, what's wrong?" Lily asks.

I look over at her and suddenly notice the tears building in my eyes.

I open my mouth to speak but suddenly the cab door opens and I'm practically pulled out the door.

"Happy Birthday!" Isabelle slurs clearly already drank too much.

It feels like I'm moving in slow motion as I'm pulled into the club, Lily follows close behind me clearly worried why I'm not happy.

I continue to let Isabelle pull me along to the back of the club where I'm filled with members of my family, a few friends and... him.

This is not what I needed today.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone shouts in sync.

Except him. He stays quiet. Trying to look everywhere but in my eyes.

I try and fake my smile but all I want to do it cry. I feel like such a traitor.

"Oh my gosh." I mutter trying to force a smile.

"She's speechless!" Isabelle exclaims with a drunk giggle.

"You guys didn't have to do this." I say softly. "It was all Isabelle!" My Mom smiles.

"Oh." I say and turn to Isabelle. "Thank you, Izzy." I fake a small smile and pull her into a hug. I squeeze her hard knowing how much I've hurt her. Isabelle smiles and squeezes me just as hard.

"Let's get this party started!" Isabelle shouts, the music is placed on top volume before everyone begins to dance, talk and drink.

"Here. You look like you need this." Renee says. I take it thankfully. "How'd you get this?" I ask before drinking the whole thing.

It burns as it travels down.

I need more.

"Fake id, remember? Maybe take it slow." Renee explains. I shake my head. "I can't."