EPILOGUE

KEERTHANA

It was like a dream. 4 days I was so happy with my Vikram. I felt like I was in a dream world. We both enjoyed a  lot. I really wanted to spend more time but... today he is leaving. Leaving me for one year. Today afternoon train. Vikram was packing his things. My heart was so heavy.

I was sitting on the bed and saw him checking his belongings. "Vikram.." I called him. He turned and looked at me. "You will call me everyday?" I asked him. He came and sat next to me. "Ofcourse, whenever I get time, I will talk to you, okay?" He patted my shoulder. Tears started to roll. First time I am crying like this when he is leaving.

"Vikram.. I miss you a lot." I hugged him and cried. "Oh.. oh.. Okay cry baby, why is it you are crying today suddenly? You should be happy right? Your husband is leaving, you can do whatever you want..." I was so angry. How can he say like that? I

I just pushed him and bet him nicely. Not so hard okay, I can't match his strengths. "How dare you say like that Vikram? You are always like this.."

"Hey please stop it, its paining.." He was laughing so much. I stopped it and sat on the bed. He was laughing at me and said, "Did I just spit out the truth?" He said and laughed again. I just bet him on his shoulder and said, "Stop it Vikram." 

He then took my hand and said, "Just kidding Keerthana. I know how much you love me, okay? Even I am gonna miss you terribly." He said and hugged me. "I love you so much. I will miss you a lot." He said. I hugged him and sai, "Me too. Call me regularly, okay?" 

"Hey, we need to have lunch and then only I am going, not now." He said. You Vikram...

Vikram packed everything and was set to go. We had lunch and we kept his luggage in the car. Vikram took blessings from granny and my in-laws and the almighty and got in the car. I sat next to him and held his hand tightly.

I just looked away at the window. Now I am able to feel how my mother felt when my dad went like this every year. It is painful. This separation. It is so hard. I just thought for a second that, I shouldn't have fallen for this man.

It is so painful. I was not able to control my tears. One year and I will again see him. But I will have to carry many worries. About how he will be, about what he will do during any attack.... He is putting his life on the line.... I was really worried.

I just wanted to say him, 'Please don't go away from here' . But I can't. It's his job. Vikram saw me and whispered, "Keerthana, don't cry. I will be back." He said. "I am scared Vikram. Please be safe. Or else, can I come with you to Kashmir?"

That sounded super crazy. He was about to burst but he put his arms on me and said, "Nothing will happen to me until you have faith in me. You believe me right? This is my job, and I know the risk factors. I have taken up this job knowing all those things. You saw me how I fought in Kashmir right? Nothing will happen to me. I will be back to see my lovely wife." He said.

His words assured me. I do believe him. Nothing will happen to him. He is my Vikram. I love him a lot. He will come back again and love me like the way he does. I believe you Vikram, you will come back to see your lovely family.

This year is a bit emotional. I did not feel like this last year and the previous one. But this time I was very emotional. In my lifetime, I have never cried so much when my close ones leave me. Not even my father's because I did not know the seriousness. But I really cried for my husband.

We reached the station and the train was standing. 5 more minutes and Vikram will be gone. For one year. He kept his luggage on the train and was talking to us. My mother-in-law hugged him ad told him to be safe. Nanditha too hugged him and bid him farewell. Vikram saw me now. I was really not able to control my feelings...

I just hugged him tightly and cried, "Be careful... I.. I miss you a lot.. I love you so much..." Vikram hugged me too and said, " I love you too." He just cupped my face and wiped my tears and said, "You should always be smiling. I need to remember that face so that it makes me work more cheerful." I smiled and wiped my tears again. "Be safe okay?" I said.

The train started and Vikram boarded it. He waved a 'bye' to all of us and the train went away from the station. I saw many people like me crying . I can feel it now. They are just like me. Oh Vikram, I miss you so much. 

No problem, one year will be like a puff of dust!!! Like these two years!!! We just went home and Nanditha came to my room. She asked me, "You have not cried like this for the past two years, what happened to you this year anni?" She was surprised. I blushed and did not answer her.

I went to the office and two weeks later, Krish came back and he was getting better. I told him that me and Vikram compromised with each other. Except that we proposed. He was happy to know that. "That's good, but again. Sorry Keerthana its all because of me..." 

"Its okay Krish, everything is over. No need to talk about it anymore." I said. This guy is still thinking that I am angry. Everything was good now.

I had everything I want. Except that I should be waiting for MY BELOVED OFFICER.

THE END

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, this is specially dedicated to Keerthana's POV. And now, I hereby successfully complete my first book, MY BELOVED OFFICER. I thank all of my readers for reading my story, Your comments, votes and follows always motivated me and I thank you again for waiting for my late updates. I will update my next story regularly for sure. 

Please do encourage me to write my next story and enjoy this update!!!!!