APOLOGIES

VIKRAM

I was thinking about my behaviour with Keerthana everyday. What is happening to me? I was feeling somewhat guilty and bad. I had some attraction towards her. I decided not to say anything until she forgets everything.

One day before wedding. My relatives came and we all went to Keerthana's house for some rituals. It was around 6 PM. We went inside and I saw her inside a room where she was surrounded by many kids and ladies of her age.

They were applying mehendi on her hands. She looked beautiful!!!! Oh my!!! What is happening to me? Again she put some charm on me.

She was laughing and chatting. When she looked at me, she did not give a freaky stare like last time. But she looked like as if she wants to say me something.

My mom called me and I went. There were some rituals and it took 2 hours. Keerthana sat near me, with her hands spread for the mehendi to dry.

It seems her mehendi dried and she was washing it. I was wondering why she looked at me when I came today. But I need to wait until her next move.

KEERTHANA

I was sitting in my room with Aishu and told my problems during the engagement. I felt that I did something wrong. I over reacted that day. "You better talk to Vikram. You will be fine then."

I agreed. The same day evening Vikram came to my home with his relatives. I was struggling to approach him. This man just looked at a questioning eyes and left. After 2 hours of rituals, I washed my mehendi and decided to talk to him.

He was talking with my uncles and cousins. After this situation, we can't talk as I have to talk before I head to the marriage hall. Then I looked at a basket full of marigolds.

I am good at aiming. I aimed at Vikram and threw it on him. He looked here and there and looked at me. He raised his eyebrows. I made gestures to him for meeting me. His cousin saw that and said, " Vikram, I thought you were a decent guy but...". Before he completed, Vikram kept his hand on his lips and rushed towards me immediately.

He immediately came and I held his wrist tightly and took him to an empty room. I locked the room from inside.

"What is it you are doing?"

"Shsh.." I kept my finger on my lips and told him.

"What is it?" He whispered.

" I am sorry Vikram."

"For what?"

"For my behaviour in our first meeting and our engagement"

"Its okay but it was quiet irritating."

" See, you took it in a wrong sense. You and me were not in a proper state that day to explain. I like army officers and I do respect them. But I don't like... sorry, I don't want an army officer to be my husband."

"But your father is an army officer."

"Yes but I like him as a father but not as an army officer. I am proud of him. But still I don't like it."

" Why is that so?"

"Well there are two reasons. First, I want my husband to be with me all time and there is no guarantee for your life. And the second thing is that I am scared."

"Why?"

"What if I fall in love with you?"

VIKRAM

I was blushing and I felt it. I did not look her for minute or two. She looked at me with a questioning eyes.

"What are you thinking?" She asked.

"How is it anyway related?"I asked.

"I love my father to the core and he says too much of something is not good for health. Whenever I hear about any attack, I feel so uncomfortable. My mother had sleepless nights and suffers a lot. She loves my father so much. What if it happens to me?"

"Aren't you strong by your heart?"

"I am but still.. I tried it for my father. So.."

"Are you saying that you fell in love with me?"

KEERTHANA

This man, is he thinking that I fell for him? But why am I blushing now? I decided to divert him.

"I have a third reason too. I heard you are a disciplinarian next to my father. Trust me officer I can't follow your orders."

"You don't have to follow my orders till my return."

He turned to go out but stopped to say something. "Ensure that you don't fall for me."

"It really applies the same to you officer."

The conversation ended with a mutual agreement and I felt like my heart is free from pain.
We ate dinner and my mom packed everything for me to leave for the marriage hall. Vikram left home meanwhile with his family.

We went by 9:30PM and I slept with Aishwarya. I need to get up by 4:30 AM. 'This is the last night where I will be a free bird.' I said and slept by 10:30PM.

VIKRAM

I literally forgot why I wanted to talk to her. But even she need to apologise and she did. But I need to apologise also. I felt uncomfortable about it. She again charmed me by her words. But do not fall for that. Oh, its weird man. And she called me officer.

I thought this when I was trying to sleep. My mom told me to get up by 4:00 AM and I kept my alarm. Tomorrow I am getting married. I can't believe it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey my dear readers, apologies can make things easy and it can also bring one to relief. Now Keerthana is going to enter into a new atmosphere and Vikram's feelings about Keerthana changed with her apologies.

They are gonna get married next and get ready to see their journey. Until that read this chapter and enjoy and please do vote for me 😊