UNINTENTIONAL IRRITATIONS

VIKRAM

I was busy talking to Aashika. I was lost in thoughts about the old days. Waiting for her in tuition, walking past her to make me see her.... all memories. That's when Shiva came.

"Hey Vikram, I think so you need to stop it. Someone is so jealous. Look there." He whispered and I looked at the direction he was pointing. It was Keerthana.

I could see her trying to look at me. She was red. Oh man, is she angry? Or is she jealous? There is no chance for her to get jealous, as she hates me

But if it is true, let's enjoy. I decided to take chances. I looked at her and she looked at me. I ignored her and took Aashika with me to the buffet dinner area. I took a plate for her and myself. Then I saw someone near me in the line. It was Keerthana.

She was talking with Shiva's wife and my classmates. When she saw me, her laugh reduced. I took a plate for Aashika and she thought it was for her. She told, "Oh thank you Vikram. Now you remembered your wife." I did nor give it to her.

"It's for Aashika. She is on her phone. She told me what she wants and I am taking it for her." I told and went immediately without looking her.

I went to Aashika and we started to eat. We sat on a table with three chairs. I saw someone sitting on the third chair. It was Keerthana. "Hi. You are?" Asked Aashika extending her hands.

"I am Keerthana. Vikram's wife. Nice to meet you. You are?" She shook her hands and asked.

"I am Aashika. Vikram's friend." They both smiled.
"Vikram, you know I am not in our class group. I didn't know that you are married. No one informed me. Atleast you should have said me right?" Aashika asked me.

I forgot that. We did not take that topic. I saw Keerthana. She was just about to throw the glass of water on me. I saw her hands. It was squeezing the glass. "Excuse me, I need to call someone." She went with her plate to some empty table.

I felt bad. It was my fault. But it was unintentional. Why is it always unintentional with Keerthana from the start?

I diverted the topic and we started some other topic. After dinner, we all went to our classmates a I talked with the girls of my class. Everyone started to pack up. Someone patted my back. "Are you done with your chatting with your crush and fans or is there someone else left?"

She was so angry. "We can go. Come let's go." As we left, I bid farewell to my friends. My eyes were searching for one person. Aashika. I should say her that I am going. Our next meeting will take a long time.

Then I found her. "Bye Vikram. If possible, send your wife and family to my wedding. It's in Chennai after 2 months."
She hugged me in a friendly way and hugged Keerthana also.

The car ride was so silent. I heard my favourite song played in radio. I decided to increase the volume but Keerthana switched off the radio.

"Why?"
"My head is bursting." She said with her both hands clutching the head. She was shouting actually.

We reached home. I saw my family sitting in the hall, watching something on the TV. Keerthana just sat with them and talked with them. She was normal again. I went and refreshed myself.

I came outside and Keerthana went inside to get herself refreshed. It took half an hour for her. Then everyone went inside their rooms respectively. It was 11:00 PM. I found Keerthana scrolling her phone. She was stretching her legs and shaking it.

I decided to talk to her. First I wanted to check her mood.

"Keerthana?" I called her. No response.
"Keerthana?" I called again. No response.
I called her 5 times. No response. Atlast, I shouted her name. "KEERTHANA!" I was fed up with this woman.