OFFICER'S DAY OUT

VIKRAM

It was 8:00 AM. Keerthana was still sleeping. I was sitting on my side with my mobile. I saw all the wedding clicks. Many candid pictures. I scrolled them.

I felt something was moving next to me. It was Keerthana. She was slowly stretching herself. She looked at me and gave a salute, smiling. Thinking she forgot everything, I saluted at her smiling. But immediately she came to her senses and her face changed.

She turned away and went to take her toiletries and an orange kurti. She went inside the bathroom. I wanted to apologise everything from the start.

After 15 minutes, she shouted, " Vikram get out."
She was damn angry. "I need to explain Keerthana. Please forgive me." I told her.

"I will forgive you after changing my dress."
I realised what she meant and went out. I saw my mom in the kitchen. She did not notice me. Keerthana came out in the meantime. First time I looked her wearing a kurti.

She went past me and entered the kitchen. I went to bath. After 10 minutes, Keerthana came with a coffee cup.

She held it and said, "Coffee. Saltless."
Oh she was angry to the core. "Keerthana I need to talk....."
"There is no need for it Vikram."
She closed the door and went out. At 9:30 AM, we had breakfast. I sat near Keerthana. She was talking with my family. It's hers too.

My grandma started. "Are you both planning to go alone somewhere?"
I know what is she referring but I need to get ready for my return. I still had 4 days left.
"Grandma tomorrow we are going out alone. We planned no Vikram?" She asked me with a smile. I know its artificial, but still it was melting. She just said it to convince everyone that we had an understanding.

I nodded. Then I came back to my senses as grandma started to talk. "Keerthana, you adjust with everything. Still I feel sad for you ma."
"Its okay grandma. He is just going to be here for 4 more days." I just can't believe that she married me without interest. Such a good actor she was.

KEERTHANA

After breakfast, I was  unpacking my luggage with Nandita. We arranged my accessories and dresses. I saw Vikram coming inside. Nandita got a call and she went out.

"Good actor you are." He said smiling as Nandita went out.
"I was the one who saved you as grandma was looking at you and asking the question."

He smiled again. I had my own reasons for it. To make Vikram see my other face. Hahaha... I laughed inside.

VIKRAM

Me and Keerthana went out today. I took our car. She sat next to me. We went to a temple nearby and sat there for 10-15 minutes. Then we went to mall. Phoenix mall.

I wanted her to apologise badly. So I told her that I will make all payments. She agreed and we went to Max (cloth shop).

She was searching dresses. I took her to the traditional wear section and chose her some. I wanted my wife to be traditional.

She just kept all the dresses I chose. I found a baby pink dress and thought it was a kurti. But it was a sleeveless transparent t-shirt. Keerthana grabbed it and told a 'thank you'.

Was she wearing all this before marriage? Her father was strict and how did he allow her? After two hours of shopping, she took all sorts of dresses which I hate. I got irritated.

"Are you calling get these dresses?" I asked her angrily. We were near the bill counter.
"Are you going to buy this? "I asked her repeatedly.
"What is your opinion?"
"A big NO."
"Then I will keep it." She said and kept those dresses. Two hours for buying nothing!!!

Is she playing with me? Calm down Vikram. You need to stay strong. First of all, it was your fault man. We need to convince her for the past events.

We went to food court to have lunch. She had fried rice and I had naan. We decided to go for a movie then. We saw a Vijay movie poster. She urged me to take her. I told her it will be full but luckily I found two seats which are next to each other. I booked it.

We went in by 2:45 PM and sat next to each other. I bought popcorn for her to please her. Hero entry took place. Everyone started shouting. Suddenly someone was shouting near me. I threw the popcorn as I got scared. It was Keerthana. I wanted my wife to behave in a well manner in a public place.

"Keerthana! Behave Keerthana!" I shouted.
"Oh come on Vikram, its Vijay. Haven't you seen a movie before like this?"She shouted smiling. Everyone were shouting. After all, it was 50 days since the movie released.
I decided to keep myself shut.

After that movie, she told that she will drive the car along ECR road. I gave her the car keys. Still I was damn angry. But I kept quite as I still did not apologise for my mistake.

She took the car and drove it. After 20 minutes, we reached ECR road. She suddenly increased her speed to 100kmph. "Keerthana, please slow down."

"Vikram please. Just leave me to concentrate. This is an empty road only." She said looking at the road.

Suddenly I felt like I was sitting on a roller coaster. I held the seat belt for safety. I forgot the support on the top.
"Keerthana.." I touched her hands which was holding the steering wheel.
"Vikram stop it. I have to concentrate as I am an expert in hitting lamp-post."

Atlast we reached home safely with our lives. I just got out without giving a look at her. I was so angry. She was not a single percent of my dream wife. I decided not to talk to her.

KEERTHANA

I was happy on one side but felt guilty on the other. Vikram was so calm and he did not utter a single word against me. I felt so sorry for what happened today.

But I was happy on the other side as my operation was a success. I did everything wantedly. He tested my patience at 4:00 AM. So everything was equal.

LHS=RHS.

But still I feel guilty. The mathematical equation did not work under this condition. To make everything equal, we need patience and thinking. I am so much into maths. I just thought about it and went inside the house.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey my dear readers, this chapter is somewhat lengthy. But now you see that Vikram is a person who is conservative when it comes to his soul mate. He admits if anything is wrong from his side and tries to correct it.

Keerthana feels happy on one side bur guilty on the other for testing her hubby's patience. Will she make the equation equal?

Read this chapter until then and please do vote for me 😊