Chapter II: The boy

Skylar

(Time skip - 6 months)

As months passed by the more rainy it got outside and I hated that. Water wasn't exactly my favourite part of the wild. Even though I obviously needed it, I hated to get wet. Ironic though because it was my speciality to accidentally trip and fall into rivers.

During the time I had been here I never really got very closed to town, to people. So a few months back I decided I'd finally get out of our territory to explore after 3 years of being isolated of the outside world.

The first day I immediately understood that, first there were vampires, and second there were other shape shifters.

I hated vampires with my soul and heart. They were dangerous, cruel, horrible smelling blood suckers that didn't know anything else but to bring pain and misery into people's lives.  Shape shifters are a totally different story though. They're kind hearted protectors that would never harm anyone innocent, they're scent was nice and they radiated with heath.

At first I thought all the vampires there were vegetarians as they call themselves, but quickly I understood that there were more than 'unharmful' vampires. Since the shape shifters that were bound to protect the town didn't do anything about the attacks that occurred almost every night, I ended up taking matters into my own hands.

_____________

Today I was just doing my usual patrol on the edge of town when suddenly, I heard something from far away. A conversation.

"Right now you're my problem! " A male voice said.

"Jake, you're really hot, like do you have a fever or something? " A female voice asked.

"I- I don't know what's wrong with me... I gotta go" The male voice soke again. Then I heard a door slam shut.

What the hell was that? I hated how the voice of the male voice made me feel, almost as if it was familiar but I knew for a fact that I hadn't met the owner of the voice since I didn't know anyone. But why did it sound so nice and comforting? Keep it together Skylar, god dammit.

I started to run back home when suddenly I heard something behind me. It was still far away but I still turned into my jet black wolf form.

I immediately remembered how the wolves would always lay down every time I would shift

I immediately remembered how the wolves would always lay down every time I would shift. It was funny that they respected me like that because I wasn't even the alpha, even though I did the job the alpha should do when it came to protecting the pack, I wasn't.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a branch snap closer behind me.

Quickly I hid myself in the darkness of the night so the thing behind me wouldn't see me.

Suddenly I saw a long haired boy stumble in the forest. I couldn't see his face or his eyes. The only thing I saw was his silhouette.

I followed the boy as he stumbled through the darkness. I was going to walk back to the pack when he suddenly turned into a big wolf, shredding his clothes in the process. Oh. My. God.

I still couldn't make out anything but his silhouette.

I heard him whining, probably in pain. It reminded me of the time I turned into a wolf for the first time aswell, it was a painful process. I couldn't see someone else suffer and less alone so I carefully walked closer to him.

He suddenly yanked his head in my direction and stumbled on his 4 paws falling on the ground. I walked closer and pushed him back up with my head. Not really knowing what to do, I changed back into my human form and sat on the ground in front of him.

"Hey, you probably have no clue of what's going on right now but you can trust me. If you want I can take you back to my pack and we'll figure out something tomorrow 'cause you really can't go back in town like that" I said softly.

He slowly walked closer to me, wobling on his feet. He examined me attentively for a second before nodding his wolf head. I took that as a yes so I walked a bit back to make sure not to hurt him and changed back into my wolf form. I the started walking towards the pack, making sure he was able to keep up.

When we finally arrived at the edge of our territoty, all the wolves started running towards the boy behind me baring their teeth as they growled and snarled. When I noticed him back up behind me, terrified of the situation, I stood infront of him firmly and started to growl and snarl back at them so they would back up which they certainly did. When they understood that he was with me, they slowly backed away and went back to whatever they had been doing.

The boy immediately came closer to me, almost sticking against me but I didn't mind it though.

When we finally got to my cave I changed back, luckily in my clothes because I had trained a lot to manage that and showed him a spot where I had putten some animal skin on the floor knowing he wouldn't be able to change back yet.

He layed there gratefully and almost instantly fell asleep as I threw a blanket on top of him. Poor boy. I layed down in my hammock wondering how his eyes, furr, skin, face and the rest of his features would look like. I was so curious and I didn't even understand why.

After a while I ended up drifting off to a deep, dreamless sleep.

#edited#