Part 57

Arnav and Khushi arrived at Khushi's apartment after the proposal, Rohan and Tara headed straight home and Arnav chose to accompany Khushi so they could sit down and talk about things.

Khushi unlocked the door as the both walked in, they settled down on the sofa silently while staring at each other, for a while none of them had anything to say, they would just stare at each other and smile a bit.

"This is such a beautiful ring." Khushi said as she looked at the beautiful diamond ring on her finger, it was shining so bright.

"I am glad you like it, Tara and I had been searching for the perfect ring for a month until we found this one." He smiled.

"It's really pretty, I love it." Khushi said.

"So... have you thought when you want us to get married? Like after a month or an year or so?" Arnav looked at her nervously.

"I dint even know you were going to propose, as of now I am just surprised and happy. Do you have a date in mind?" She asked.

"I would be okay if we got married even tomorrow, I just want you to be okay with it, so you can think of a date or so and we'll fix it." He smiled as he held her hand into his.

"Or we could not, technically, like you said, we aren't divorced anyway, so why get married again?"

"Because I shattered so many of your dreams Khushi, I just want to make up the ones I can, I want to give you your dream wedding, doesn't matter whether we're married or divorced, I just want to give you that cute romance, and happy marriage you had dreamt of." Arnav said as he looked her into the eyes so she could know that he meant everything he said.

"Well according to my dream wedding, I don't think getting married tomorrow is possible." She laughed and the continued speaking.

"But... maybe with my resources and yours combined, we can get married next week? I hadn't really dreamt much of a perfect wedding; my whole dream was to get married to you. So we can do maybe a one day kind of a wedding?

I would love an outdoor wedding, somewhere on a beach, with just close friends and family. So that way you can fulfil my dream and we get done with this quickly, I don't want the wedding that goes on a whole week, it's tiring." She pouted.

"If you say so. But are you sure you're ready for it? I mean next week is like seven days away." Arnav smiled.

"I am... we've done this for long, we've dated for so long, I think it's time we take the next step, the trust might not be as tight but it's definitely come back." She smiled.

"Really? I am so happy to hear that." Arnav smiled brightly as he pulled her into a tight hug.

They held on for a moment until he pulled apart and looked at her once again nervously.

"Is it okay now if I kiss you?" He bit his lower lip nervously making her laugh once again. A part of her was so happy that she was getting this fairytale that she had always dreamt of, and a part of her was actually glad for giving him the second chance, if she hasn't, she would have never experienced love like this.

Love that's not just pain, that's happiness and romance and all these cute little things.

"Are you always going to ask for permission whenever you want to kiss me?"

"It's the least I could do for not asking before when I should have asked. I am sorry your first time had to be like that." He looked at the floor sadly remembering how he had treated her the day they got married, how he thought that just like she had with his father, all she wanted with him too was just lust and money.