Part 9

Khushi arrived home pretty late from work, it was her first day so she took her time to learn a lot of things. Arnav wasn't home yet, Anjali was seated in the hall busy watching TV when Khushi walked in.

"Khushi. Where were you? You left without informing, I was worried." Anjali stood up and rushed to her as she looked at her worriedly, trying to be sure she was fine.

"I had a job interview, it went well so I joined immediately, I'm sorry I dint have time to inform you." Khushi faked a smile.

"Oh wow, that's great. But why did you get a job somewhere else? You should have joined our company and worked with Arnav." Anjali suggested.

"No Anjali, until today I had only one dream and that was to get married to Arnav, and now that the dream is fulfilled, I have another one, to become successful on my own so no one would ever think I got married to Arnav for the sake for money.

And to become successful, I have to work hard on my own without any help from Arnav or you, so I think it's better if I work somewhere else." Khushi said.

Anjali looked at her in confusion, Khushi just seemed somehow different, there was something that had changed about her.

"What happened? Why are you looking at me like that?" Khushi asked.

"I don't know, you seem unhappy. Did Arnav do or say something to you? You know you can tell me, I'll deal with him."

"No, I'm just tired, it was a busy day, I think I'll go upstairs and rest." Khushi said.

"But don't you want to cook dinner for Arnav? You wanted to cook for him always dint you?"

"Not today, I am really tired, besides what are the servants for right?" Khushi faked another smile as she headed to her room and took a shower to freshen up.

Only if she could tell Anjali that not just one thing, but everything had changed since she got married to Arnav, she came to realize that her fairytale was no more a fairytale and the guy she thought was going to be her prince charming was nothing rather than a beast.

Once she was done taking the shower, she realized she had brought her clothes or a bathrobe, there was only a tiny towel hanging behind the door, she grabbed it and covered herself with it. Although it dint cover much, it was okay as she was alone in the room anyway.

She walked out of the bathroom and found Arnav seated on the bed removing his shoes, he looked at her immediately and for a moment, he had his eyes wide open and he was staring at her like he had never seen her before.

Well in the past few days she had learnt a lot about him to believe his false reactions, she ignored him and walked towards the cupboard to find her night suit so she could change and sleep.

She felt a hand on her waist while she was trying to find her clothes, she immediately turned around and found Arnav standing there, looking at her like he wanted to eat her right away.

He cupped her face and kissed her while he grabbed her towel and pulled it off leaving her completely naked and kissed her roughly but just at the exact same moment, Khushi pushed him away.

"Don't touch me ever again." Khushi looked at him angrily as she quickly grabbed some pair of clothes and rushed inside the bathroom to get dressed. She walked out after getting dressed and found Arnav pacing around the room angrily.

"What the hell do you think of yourself?" Arnav asked angrily as he pushed her to the nearest wall and pinned her there.

"I don't know what I think about myself but one thing I'm sure of is that I came here to be your wife, not your mistress! I dint get married to you for you to just have your pleasure then treat me like trash, I came for love, because I..." Khushi stopped speaking.

The Irony Of FateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara