Part 8

You know that time when everything in your life is normal? I mean just normal, not even perfect but you are happy with the normal as life doesn't give you any roller coasters, but then suddenly out of nowhere a storm comes and sweeps everything away?

It was the same for Khushi. As a kid, she was happy spending time with both her parents, her dad would take her to parks and playgrounds and her mom would take her to parties where she met some really strange men but it dint really bother her, she was just having an okay life and then one day everything just changed.

Her father decided to send her to live with her aunt, she had no idea why, he dint explain things, all he said was that it was going to be good for her, her mom dint protest against it, although she did seem pretty pissed about Khushi leaving, she dint say a word.

And so like that, she was sent to live with her aunt who was way strict, she would always tell her what to wear, what sort of friends to have and never to talk to a boy. She thought that maybe she was sent here because of an argument between both her parents and when they were going to make peace with it, they would come to take her back but as time went by she accepted the fact that they would never come back for her.

It did hurt, but she got used to this new strict lifestyle for her, she stopped questioning things, she stopped wondering why her parents wouldn't even allow her to go visit them, only her father would come to visit her every once in a while. Things were going pretty much the same then after a while, her dad came with the news of their divorce, apparently both her parents had decided to separate.

Her mother dint even find it important to come see her for the last time or anything, she just disappeared and until today Khushi had never seen her again, nor did she have an idea of what had happened.

The only thing that was interesting in her life was Arnav, she kept reading those romance novels and movies and hoping that one day all that sort of things would happen between her and Arnav, in this era where girls had had their first kiss when they were fourteen, at twenty one she hadn't even shook hands with a guy, that's how strict her aunt was with her.

And then one day, her father asked her if she wanted to get married to Arnav, it was like a dream come true, she agreed immediately, she was excited that now finally her life was going to be like the fairytales she read, little did she know that Arnav's behavior was going to hurt her worse than she'd imagine.

Today when he said that she married him for his money, it really pricked her heart. The only reason she said yes to this marriage was because since childhood, she had always wanted to be with him, he was the prince charming of her little fairytale, but it looked like things were different from Arnav's side.

The amount of pain his words caused her was indescribable. As she grew up with her aunt, she was more like a strict boarding school matron more than her aunt, she always told her how the world out there was horrible and that she needed to be really strong to face it, so she had rarely interacted to anyone, but after today, she was somehow starting to believe her aunt's words.

As for Khushi, since she had interacted with very few people, she was too naïve and gullible for life to be able to even raise her voice at someone let alone fighting for herself. But the pain that Arnav's words had caused her seemed to be changing her mind.

She wanted to show him that she wasn't with him for his money but because she loved him. She wanted to show him that all she needed was a little love and respect and although right now she dint know what to do, she had to find a way and show him that he couldn't always treat her the way he wanted to and get away with it.

Her aunt might have told her how the world out there was bad and all, but she never taught her how to deal with it, so she had to figure it out herself.