Arc 1: Into The Unknown

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihonkoku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 1: Lands of Rodenius:

Chapter 3: Into the Unknown

City Of Maihark, Quo Toyne Principality

The main economic center of the Principality, the Trade City of Maihark, is a place of opportunity amongst the nations of the South Orient. A rich melting pot of cultures and races, such as beast-skins, elves, dwarves, and humans had been co-existing for generations. To migrants, it's a place where they can start a new chapter in their lives and make a name for themselves. To merchants, it's a gold mine to elevated their businesses, and for the rest, a loyal and noble city.

Business continued as usual on a sunny day, a chaotic yet organized presence filled in the atmosphere creating a very authentic scene as the citizens flocked to the numerous antiquated shophouses, which were positioned in rows. Horse wagons and carriages dominated the slightly narrow streets of the city. If one from Earth would be there to witness the scenery, one would think that He/She has traveled back in time to the Medieval or Renaissance age. It was a lovely and peaceful atmosphere altogether.

The place had a sense of home and heart for a certain redhead girl. Throughout her adolescence, this was the only place she witnessed Humans and Demi-Humans coexisting peacefully. She had never seen such a place where everything could work together, she spent the majority of her childhood at the Imperial Capital and the Palace, and despite being educated and aware, she never had the opportunity to visit her country's neighboring nations. Even in her own domain, she was never able to see how her people lived, with a few exceptions of several attempts to sneak out from the palace in order to spend more time with the people, in the heart of the streets and villages. For all she knew, her own country had a reputation for discriminating against Demi-Humans and allowing slavery to flourish.

As the princess and member of the Saderan royalty, she wanted to experience that kind of life.

So on her 19th birthday, the curious princess had arranged a secret journey to the main capital of the Principality, without the knowledge of her father nor any one of the higher officials.

Pina stood in the midst of the crowded and busy streets of the Trade City of Maihark. Dressed in a commoner's attire, the young lady observed the ongoing scenery in front of her. She felt like a child all over again, to her this was already an accomplishment and she knew wouldn't be back here so soon, so she had to make the most of her time here and explore the city.

"Pina! Slow down will you? ..."

The familiar voice of one Hamilton Uno Ror could be heard all over the place, yet no one paid attention to her pleadings.

A petite young woman, with shoulder-length brown hair and jade green eyes, and two years younger than her red-haired friend. Hamilton, in her own commoner's outfit, struggled to catch her breath as she finally had caught up with the latter.