Arc 2: Noble City VIS: Ground Zero

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy A Dragon

Noble City VIS: Ground Zero

She knelt there under the rays of the light and prayed.

A heavy burden filled her heart.

The ethereal essence surrounded her and she gave her pleas.

She knew had no power to fully interfere, and yet she believed that "Fate" would help them in this major struggle.

It was unknown if the warriors from the past would ever return.

Their era was over, and it was time for them to face it independently.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was almost as if the end had come for him.

As terror descended upon the city, the boy was able to summon strength as he stood up from the box of crates.

His first act was to head immediately toward the old circus owner as fast as he could, which he successfully did as he grabbed him and brought him towards a nearby open hole on the wooden stage.

He pushed the old man downwards, and as his attention turned to the main plaza, a bright light immediately manifested followed by a powerful force that burst from the center.

The boy took a step back, not knowing that he tripped on a small piece of debris and fell towards the very same hole, and then everything went black after that.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So it had finally begun, death and chaos had engulfed much of the city, and no one could believe that not long ago people were celebrating and spreading the good news of a victory that happened a very long time ago.

As of this moment, the same people were now in the midst of hurrying toward any place where their own lives could be spared.

Men, women, and children ran along the now-crowded streets as the chances of a deadly stampede rose. Desperate voices were heard across the city and not even the higher beings heed their calls.

Rumors of an invasion or even a dark entity appearing solely to wreak havoc fueled everyone's fear, and it didn't stop there.

The dread prompted others to take advantage of the situation, as many people broke down the doors and windows of many of the shophouses in order to gather food and water for survival. Prior to the explosion, looting had become prevalent due to the small commotions.

Despite this, there were some who attempted to keep things from completely falling apart.

In the middle of the chaos, several wagons pulled by horses and chocobos arrived, and out a number of officials hailing from the city hall, who had received the ongoing grave news.

Simply known as "Maihark's Constables," these people were not dressed in armor but in elegant attire and equipped with the fanciest design of spears and shields carrying the symbol of the Noble City, as they were all assigned to these designated spots to restore peace and order, but due to the sudden circumstances, the only thing they could do was guide the panicked citizens to the major evacuation spots across the city. Important historical landmarks that have had a significant impact on the Principality.

The arrival of these men did relieve some of the tension, but not in the way that the basic protocol would have predicted.

They were still terrified and begged the officials to solve the impending threat, to which they had no answer.