Arc 2: Noble City XIV: Finale

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan, as they belong to their rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy, A Dragon

Noble City XIV: Finale

"And so how did it go?"

Both men knew it was one of the first things their Generals would say.

The laptop screen was of a decent size, and it could usually accommodate around 2-3 people with ease. In a strange coincidence, it fits perfectly in the bucket that was present as the two Lieutenants met their superiors for the first time since the battle. Despite the anxiety in the room, the clear image on the laptop screen made it easier for everyone to follow along with the proceedings.

This time they were confident that they could relay much of the information that have.

"The negotiations went well sir..." Brian replied.

"And without any more unnecessary coups or interruptions." Itami didn't hesitate to add his thoughts.

The man did have a point.

From the other side of the screen, General Hanzama spoke.

"So according to the recent reports we are receiving...This so-called Elven Council...were the ones responsible for this coup attempt?"

Brian simply nodded.

"Yes, sir...they had the majority of the Palace guards on their side, and we were too late to realize that they controlled the entire palace grounds, sealing off all entrances," he explained, leaving out other information that he decided was better kept secret.

Then the latter asked that certain question.

"And those same guards are the ones that helped everyone and the envoy get to a safer place?"

Itami stepped in.

"Yes sir, and believe it or not...those guards were somehow mind-controlled."

The word itself was enough to surprise them.

"Mind-controlled? Exactly How?" The curious General Wilkes asked.

The room fell into a sudden hush, as the Lieutenant's hand darted towards a file that contained a report penned by an unexpected author. The air was thick with anticipation as everyone waited with bated breath to see what the document held.

"Well sir, I guess we have to thank our Journalist expert for this," Brian said.

Itami flashed a proud smile regarding his colleague.

"You mean...Yuji?" General Hanzama raised both his eyebrows and said." He discovered the truth?"

Brian smiled slightly as he brought the document, which was quite a large stack." Well, I can't speak for him, but he did work his butt off to get everything detailed and right."

"That Includes... interviewing every important person that was involved in the incidents."

He opened the files to a specific page.

"Turns out that the Elven Council had used some kind of potion that suppresses the mind of a person leaving it a blank slate and with that, they are free to cast a type of spell that forces them to obey whatever commands."

The two Generals were put into disbelief.

Brian then continued.." The potion though has proven to have some side flaws as it would make that person act weirdly."

"So how did they manage to break free from whatever spell is that?"

Itami then spoke." Just hit the person in the head or just punch them hard."