Arc 1: Somewhere Now

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihonkoku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 1: Lands of Rodenius:

Chapter 5: Somewhere Now

"It's all well to be as expected, Be it from another world or not, the same old things would come back to haunt you."

- Excerpt from New World Journal

The Figure was always there watching from behind the shadows

The image of the menacing demonic eyes had been engraved in the back of everyone's mind.

Legend has it that it only preys on people with bad intentions. The ones, who had committed the most inhumane acts.

Rumors had finally spread across the lands, and it only manages to fuel the fear in the midst of a dangerous impending war.

According to the first reports that finally came up, various members of Reconnaissance teams had claimed to see a figure often lurking behind the decrepit structures of villages, monasteries, and even the forest itself. Even the captured Imperial soldiers had given them the early warning, which was eventually treated as a skeptical testimony for a while.

No matter where they go, it would often follow them.

Infrared Cameras and other technologies had been used to detect and to discover if the figure was actually a physical being, though they would only receive the same results.

A cold dark mass.

XXXXXXXX

The Night had come to a close as the sky began to change leading up to the world meeting the light once more

The First Morning had come forth, as the sun started to rise and show its presence.

It was often the cold morning breeze that would keep someone asleep until they could feel the heat rising. Although, for the rest of the RCT3 and the American ranger crew, the situation was different.