Arc 2: Noble City Interlude: Prologue to the Victors: The Last Hour

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy A Dragon

Noble City Interlude: Prologue to the Victors: The Last Hour

For a very long time, He was deemed untouchable by many of his opponents or even his own enemies. Amongst all the battles and fights he had encountered, this was the first time he was literally touched by a lesser powerful opponent and got blown up by an explosion materia afterward. He had to admit that the man with the glasses was a pest, utilizing a sneaky move that he did not see coming and moreover, the remnants of what hit him. The weapon did look like it came from the upper civilizations but it had its own simplicity compared to the magnificent magical flintlock barrels of the Parpadians

He realized one thing and he quickly bought into his own confidence.

Had he not belittled the people he was facing, he would still be pursuing them, or he may have succeeded in claiming that crystal.

Luscious couldn't help himself but laugh for the first time as the realization came to him.

"Simple actions would usher in the outcome of this event."

"Look to the east when the sun finally emerges."

Indeed her prediction actually came true.

"Rory, what a sly fox you are." He gave a small smirk while shaking his head.

The explosion had sent him flying across the city and eventually crashing into a ruined empty tower. Now, the man himself had just recovered as he chose to sit down amongst the rubble, gazing at the view of the city.

The dark clouds were starting to fade away, indicating that the tides were turning. Despite the wyverns still wreaking havoc, and the appearance of the new dark dragon which had taken a life of its own, the individuals that are keeping the fight, are still alive.

He couldn't understand why the apostle of Emroy had so much faith in them and would they really be the reason why things are finally changing?

He wasn't sure what was going to happen next other than just waiting for the moment to arrive. His attention was shifting to the east where could sense a strong powerful force approaching.

Yet amongst all that, He now knew that he couldn't control all of this but the only thing he could do right now was watch.

Luscious raised up his hand as an essence appeared on his palms that slowly manifested into a dark crystal, that eerily resembled the one that the others had.

He began to ask himself if this was how far it could go for him.

It was a common legend that the set of crystals that were crafted to serve as the crucial components of a seal. These artifacts were dispersed throughout the vast territories of the New World. One of them, by some twist of fate, ended up in the Rodenius Continent, where it was somehow obtained by the Lourians, which was once a mighty and formidable force in the land. However, the cruel kingdom eventually met its downfall at the hands of the mysterious and unknown Sadera, many years ago.

He considered himself lucky enough to wield this type of crystal with permission from its guardians, and the task of fulfilling a request from a once powerful former queen of the bunny warriors, that he could use its power to its fullest potential.

Not as to destroy or assist in conquering Qua-Toyne, but as to bring humiliation to the Saderan empire itself.

Pursuing the crystal was just part of the bigger plan.