Arc 1 Finale: Coda Village End

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihonkoku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 1: Lands Of Rodenius:

Coda Village Arc Finale

"Be careful with those books, those are very rare!"

"Apologies, Mr. Cato."

"That's a very precious antique chest, please be careful."

"Will do, Mr. Cato"

It was a bustling scene that was confined to a single location. It was, in fact, the first time she had had the cabin so crowded in the entire year she had resided here. Countless tables, drawers, cupboards, and even pillow cushions were arranged in a train-like formation towards the exit door.

The thought itself and ongoing scenario still continued to entertain the young mage. She was still baffled by the fact that their small home still managed to survive the previous ordeal not long ago. Heck, it even survived the natural calamities that plagued the land.

Despite the scope of the destruction overall, the house was still there, with a final purpose of sheltering and providing them the last bastion before they could fully transfer into another place.

Lelei forced a defeated grin.

"I guess you've won the bet, Master Cato."

The old man had been correct all along. He had been there from the start, even before the house was finished. He had put his heart and soul into it, and he treated the small cabin as if it were his permanent home, despite the fact that he was constantly on the move and traveling to different places.

"Thank you very much for your assistance, Men in Green!" The elderly man smiled and bowed as a sign of respect. These people were just naturally helpful, they'd done a lot in the last several hours, and he wasn't sure how he'd repay them in return.

The Old Sage noticed her student wandering around the area as the moving process continued, and he smiled. Deep down, he knew it would be difficult for her to leave the place where she had spent a long time, and it occurred to him that the girl needed more time to deal with her own situation. It was for the best.

So he left her be for a while.

The teen took in her surroundings as the last stack of books and other little furniture were eventually removed from their appropriate sections and carried outside to be loaded into the Wagon itself. Some of the Guys in Green, as well as some of the village men, were assisting with the shifting procedure. It was the first time she had seen so many people supporting her and her teacher; usually, it was just the two of them, or a friend would take care of moving stuff whenever Coda village moved into a new place and such.

And this time, it was free of charge.

Even if the people lived in these lands in peace, they still had to make something out of it, even if it was the smallest thing. She couldn't remember how many pouches of silver coins her teacher had already given her because it was difficult and time-consuming to move all of these important books, documents, altars, antique objects, artifacts, and so on.

As the last of the furniture had been moved out, it was only the girl herself, who was left behind, in the now-empty cabin.

Lelei had developed the habit of wandering around the empty premises whenever they were about to leave, and this wasn't the first time. With the exception of slight creaks from the wooden floor, there was nothing but silence. The adolescent began in her room and worked her way out until she reached the farthest reaches of the cabin.