Convincing

Vikram's POV

"I am going home tomorrow," Rhea said from the other side of the phone.

"What! But why?"

"Because Dussera is coming and I took leave for a week," she cheered, " I get to do nothing for a week, isn't that great?"

"It would be great, but I don't get to see you for a week."

"Oh Vikram," she paused, " I am sorry, but don't worry I can still video call you."

"Wouldn't your mom be there?" I asked.

"Of course she will be there, but my room is upstairs and we can talk at night, now cheer up." Rhea said.

"Will you let me drive you to the station?"

"Okay then, I need to pack, see you tomorrow at 8, bye," she ended the call.

~~~

"Rhea, I am here," I called her to tell that I am downstairs to pick her up.

"Can you come upstairs once?" She said in a low tone.

"Okay," I parked my car outside the building and went to her flat.
The door was open and she was sitting on the sofa with a big bag to her side.

"What happened?" I asked going near her, she looked puzzled.

"I don't know, I am tensed to go home, this is the first time I am going home in a long time, a lot of things happened and you, I don't know if I can lie to them, even if I did, what if they find out that I am lying and I am seeing you, what am I going to tell them?"

"Rhea, calm down, you are panicking," I sat beside her taking her hand, " you have nothing to worry about, just be calm and say nothing special is going on," I should do something about this as soon as possible," do you trust me?"

She nodded in yes," then leave everything to me, I will handle those things."

"But how, how will they not get any doubt and still accept to our marriage?"

"You have nothing to worry about, trust me okay, only thing you need to focus is how to not make your boyfriend sad about you leaving," this brought a smile to her face.

She hugged my hand and rested her head on my shoulder, " I don't know how sane I will be without you, just don't miss me too much okay?"

I nodded, "come on now if you don't want to miss your ride," I took the bag and dragged her with me.

"Will you miss me?" I asked as she was about to board her bus.

"I can't tell you how much," she gave me a sad smile and got inside the bus. I bid her goodbye and reached home.

Now time to make some plans

"Promise me that you won't tell anyone about the matter I am going to discuss now," I first need to confirm that this is going to stay between us, if not then it would cause havoc.

"What is such big secret that my son is trying to protect with his life?", He wondered.

"Dad!," I can't believe I am telling him this," promise me first and then I will tell you, it should not be revealed to anyone even as a joke, not even to Mom, or else it will cause serious consequences," I warned.

"Okay fine, I promise, now tell me," he waited for me to continue.

"Will you accept if I said that I love someone and I wanted to marry her?" I dreaded for his reply, this could go in any direction.