visit

Rhea's POV

"Where are you Rhea?" Mom asked me, they were in town because tomorrow is the naming ceremony for Di and jiju's baby.

"I am still in the office mom, I have some work I need to finish before logging off," I explained.

"Okay then, we will be leaving for your Di's house, get your bags packed and be there as soon as possible."

"Sure, bye," I cut the call turning back to my work.

Soon I finish of my work and went home to pack my bag. There must be lot of relatives coming so I choose a lehenga with simple lace and some accessories to go with it.

It was 8 p.m when I reached Di's house, as soon as I entered Di came to me, " you are so early, need some refreshments?" She mocked.

"Come on Di, I had something to finish at the office, I am here now."

"One needs to finish something and other have a meeting tomorrow, nice!, leave your nephew and do your jobs," she said dejected.

I look around the room to see both set of parents smiling and Vikram with his head down, " you have a meeting tomorrow?" I ask Vikram who was fiddling in his chair.

"I do, it is early in the morning, the function won't start till afternoon, I can come back easily before anything starts," he resonated.

"Vikram, it's not about the timing, you will have other works to do, your babhi is tensed that only her husband needs to check all the things, don't worry Aarushi, we will all help him," Vikram's mom joked making Di blush.

"But where is my nephew?" I asked looking around.

"He is sleeping, he sleeps almost half a day and sometimes even more," she chuckled.

"But bhabhi I have never seen you or bhai sleeping for so long, hmmm, I wonder where that gene came from," Vikram said directly looking at me.

It was mom's turn to burst into laughter, " definitely from Rhea, she used to do the same when she was a kid," I sheepishly smiled at them.

~~~~

I got up early in the morning, guests started coming one by one. I was helping Di getting ready, "I will finish up, you go and get ready," Di said to me.

"Aarushi, give me your scooty keys, he needs to get some flowers for the cradle," jiju said pointing to one of his cousins.

I nodded, " here," I gave the keys to jiju. I went up to the guest room and I see mom going through the bags.

I went into bathroom to freshen up, when I changed into my outfit and came out, mom was still shuffling with the bags, " what happened mom?"

She was getting the contents of her bag out," I put the ring in here yesterday, I can't find it now," she said panicking.

"What ring?"

"We got a gold ring for the baby, it was there in the bag yesterday!"

"When was the last time you saw the ring?"

She thought for a while, " it was there when we were in your apartment, It was in the suitcase, I took it out to put it in my handbag, but it's not here," she sighed.

"Don't worry, it might be in the apartment, I will go check it," I assured her. I rushed down only to remember that I gave my keys to jiju.

I saw Vikram coming out of his room, " are you going to office?"

He nodded, " can you drop me at the apartment?, I need get something," I asked him.

"Where are you going?" Di was instantly behind me, making me jump in fear.

"Mom forgot something at the house, she is panicking, I need go check if it's there," I explained.

"Hmm, okay but come back soon, Vikram how long will you be gone?" Di turned to Vikram.

He glanced at his watch, " I just need to verify some pieces we got for an ad shoot, that won't take much time, I will back in an hour max," he said.

We both got inside the car and he started driving, " what did aunty forget?" Vikram asked.

"She brought a ring for the baby, but while swapping clothes and stuff she must have replaced it somewhere," I told him.

"Okay, how are you going to go back?" Well I didn't think that through, I should have. I am in this lehenga and if I stood on road for an auto I will be getting weird looks.

"I guess I will just take a cab back home," I shrugged.

" It will be late anyways, can't you just come with me and while we are returning we can check for the ring?" He proposed.

That's a good idea, but Di will be furious if we are late, "we can do that, but can we do that in an hour?"

He smiled, " let me show the real speed," he said driving fastly, there wasn't much traffic for our luck and we are now at the entrance of Vikram's office.

"This won't be awkward right?, Your staff must be waiting for you," I paused thinking this wasn't a good idea," maybe I will just go wait in the car," I turned to go but Vikram tugged my elbow.

"No wait, they will all be in the conference room, you can sit in my cabin, I will be back when we are done."

I nodded and he walked me to his cabin," here sir down," he showed me his desk. Someone came inside the cabin looking around.

He glanced me for a second and turned to Vikram," we can start whenever you are ready," he said and Vikram nodded, leaving with him.

I look around the small cabin, it's definitely bigger that my desk but they must be having different equipment for their work to put in these desks.

One part of his desk was neatly parted, a system with keyboard and mouse, the other part is filled papers, I could see some model pictures and other stuff.

My hands itched to clean the mess but I stopped myself, it's his work place and I don't know a thing, it wouldn't be right going through them and much rather cleaning them.

I took a white paper from the stack and started folding it, forming a frog, I bounced it around the bench a couple of times before Vikram came in.

"Done so fast?" I asked, taking the paper frog from the table.

"Yes, small changes needed, I have instructed them, what's that?" He took the frog from me, inspecting it.

"It's a paper frog, just made it for timepass," I said putting hair behind my ear.

"This is cute," he said putting it in a shelf under his desk,"we can leave now, don't want to make bhabhi angry," he chuckled.

I nodded following him, we reached my apartment soon, I looked around for the box inside the house. It was there on the dresser, mom must have forgotten she put it there.

We reached home in under one hour. Di was happy that everyone was finally there.

"Panditji told wee need to name him starting with letter Y," Mom informed the others.

"Yuvan is a good name," jiju suggested.

"I like Yash," Vikram's dad proposed.

"Yashaswi,..but that sounds like a girl's name," mom sighed.

"Okay Di, your choice now, I like both Yuvan and Yash, tell us your favourite," I asked turning to Di.

"I like Yuvan but I am liking Yash more," she said looking at jiju.

"Yash it is then," jiju declared.

~~~~~
Finally I got to finish this chapter, as a bonus for your patience I will try and post another chapter before Sunday:)

How are we feeling with the name Yash, vote if you like it🌟

Also vote if we want more chapters👇