Avoid

Vikram's pov

"Mom, I will be fine!", I said to my mom who is arguing with me for the past fifteen minutes.

It's been almost six weeks since the accident and my wounds are healing well. It was hard doing stuff being in a state like that, I had to lay down all day and do nothing. My mom was here helping me since then.

"No you won't, who is going to take care of you?" She fired back.

"I am old enough mom and these wounds are almost healed," I said pointing to my leg which was fractured.

I haven't been to office since then, they gave me leave for three weeks and I was just bored and started working a little from home. My next assignment is in Bangalore and I need to be there in a week.

I walked slowly to my mom and made her sit on the chair, "I can't be sitting here doing almost nothing all day, I will be fine, I promise," I assured her.

" But Vikram will you be able to work it out alone?" Bhabhi asked from behind.

" The clients provide us with everything, I will be alright Bhabhi," I nodded.

" You should take your meds on time and call me daily, do you understand?" Mom ordered me.

" Yes mam, " I mocked a salute making them laugh," now help me pack my luggage."

~~~~~
On the other hand, Rhea looked like she has been avoiding me. She neither visited me once after the accident nor even called to check up on me.

Today I am leaving for Bangalore and dad also came to take mom home. We are currently at airport waiting for my flight.

" So for how long will you be gone?" Mom asked again holding my hand tight in her arms.

I smiled for her concern, she had been trying to persuade me in not going but her plans seemed to fail.

"Roughly 3 months," I said looking at my phone.

Rhea knows that I am leaving right, she must have, bhabhi might have mentioned me atleast once, then why is she so stubborn or is she still angry at me?

Fight announcement had been made and I bid my goodbye to everyone and walked towards the entry.

~~~~~
Rhea's POV

I tapped on my phone thinking if I should call him or not. He doesn't deserve my coldness.

I am such a jerk, I didn't even call him to know how he is doing. But I knew his details through Di, I have been asking her casually about him, not making anything awkward.

After that accident I realised how he has been a part in my life and how he started to affect me. It made me scared, affection brings pain along with it. And I am trying to avoid that pain by avoiding him.

And she said he will be leaving today. I didn't even see him for past one and half month.

Don't be a fool Rhea, he is going to Bangalore not any other planet.

"Rhea, boss is asking the report on the project he sent," Sachin, my colleague called bringing me out of trance.

"Yes, I'm coming," I said blocking all my other thoughts.

~~~~~

"Are you coming to the party tonight?" Sachin asked as we headed to parking lot.

It's a team party, I don't have anything exciting to do than this so why not.

" Yes, I will be there, can you pick me up , it's on the way right?" I asked taking my keys out.

" Okay, see you soon, bye," he waved.

I drove to my apartment, my phone started ringing, "Hey Di!" I said opening the door.

" What are you doing?" she asked.

I plopped my bag on the bed and headed to my closet, I need to find a dress.

"Searching for a dress to wear, we have a team party tonight, how was your day?" I informed.

"Oh.., good, ma was stressed about Vikram going alone but papa managed to console her, I am also a little concerned, his wounds are not completely healed, I don't if he can manage alone," she said.

" Don't worry Di, he will be alright," I said grabbing a yellow knee length floral dress.

" That's exactly what he said," she sighed.

" Why are you all worried, he will be back in what 2 or 3 weeks right?" I asked assessing my dress.

" That's where the problem is, this one might take approximately 3 months I guess, I mean that's what he said," she replied.

Whattt I didn't know it was for months!!

"Umm.. okay enough about him, the dress we bought for Preeti's birthday party, will that be okay?" I asked.

"Hmm...,yes I guess," she said.

" Okay then, I need to get ready, take rest bye," I cut the call.

Well 3 months!!, That's a long time, he might even get some new friends and forget about me. That's what you wanted remember.

I just wanted to keep my distance from him, not totally forget him, anyway I need to stop thinking about him.

I quickly got ready, curling my hair and pinning one side to the back and with a little makeup I finished my look. I complimented myself in the mirror.

Sachin arrived shortly and we were soon at this party. I honestly prefer staying at home rather than party but tonight I don't feel like staying home all alone.

We grabbed our dinner and it was delicious.

"Mam, your desserts," a waiter placed a plate at the centre of the table. I smiled at him and he walked away.

My eyes land on a specific item, my favourite ones, cupcakes obviously. I grabbed one and as I was eating, it remained me something or rather someone, who brought me cupcakes for my interview.

My mood instantly changed, all the happiness of having my dessert is gone. I ate the cupcake anyway.

That's the thing about me, I eat when I am happy and I also eat when I am sad.

All others were dancing, while I was sulking in the corner with my cool drink.

"Hey, what are doing here, come on dance," Sachin asked grabbing my hand.

"Um.., no thanks, I am not good at dancing," I said loosening my hand.

" Oh come on, one dance atleast," he said with his almost sweet face.

" I am sorry but I am totally not in the mood right now," I apologized.

" It's fine, do you want to go home?" He enquired as he was my ride home.

"No, you continue, we will go when you are done," I said motioning to the dance floor.

" I am also done actually, let's go then ," he said.

I nodded and walked behind him.

" Thanks for driving me home and sorry about the dance," I apologized again.

"You owe me one, I will get it whenever I want " he smiled.

"Done," I waved as he speed away.

~~~~~

Well a rather short chapter, but it's something, what do you think about Rhea's idea of distancing herself?

Give me a 🌟 for faster updates😜