Another?

Vikram's POV

"Mom!!," I whined as she told me I had another meeting with a 'potential partner' for me.

I wanted to say that I already have one,"Stop whining like a girl, don't you want to get married?" She shouted at me.

"I do mom, fine I will go," I finished not extending this conversation.

"I will text you her name and number, meet her tomorrow at a nice cafe or restaurant," she informed.

Now I need to explain this to my girlfriend, I am done, this is the last time I want to meet someone other than Rhea.

She was being all sweet the other day to make me feel better and she even cooked me a delicious meal.

I dialed her number, "hello!," She squeaked but I can hear voices from behind. She told me Preeti was in town, it might be her.

I heard her shushing and a door slam, "can you hear me?" She called.

"Yes, yes I can, is that Preeti?" I answered.

She chuckled before replying, " yes, so what can I do for you?"
Should I just tell her? She might get mad. "I..I mean my mom..she have arranged another meeting for me," I told her.

"And?"

"And?!, What do you mean and? What should I do now?," I shrieked.

"You must have told her something," she said calmly. How can she be so calm? Is she fine with me meeting other girls?

"I told her I would meet her, what should I have done? If I rejected to go then I think my mom was ready to ask me if I was gay!"

"Why are you freaking out? It's just a meeting and it's not like you are going to marry her," she asked.

"Then who am I going to marry? You?" I tried to stop myself but the words fell out of my mouth, shit I messed up," Rhea I am sorry okay?, I am stressed out because I was worried that you would feel sad about me meeting other girls."

"Vikram," she cut me out before I could blabber even more," I am fine, if you are worried so much about me then don't, if you want I can come and secretly listen to your conversation," she giggled making me smile.

"That's a nice idea, you can also bring Preeti so it wouldn't seem so obvious and I will book adjacent tables so you can see us, I will send you the address," I finished.

"Are you done stressing out now?"

I hummed in response," fine because that's my job and my boyfriend is getting a match, so I should be worried that she might take you away from me," she replied.

"No one is taking me away from you," I promised.

"See you tomorrow then," she cut the call leaving me to my thoughts.

~~~~~
Rhea's POV

"Come on Preeti, we need to be there before she arrives," I banged on the bathroom door, she has been there for the past half an hour.

The door opened revealing Preeti with her hair dripping water, " calm down, she won't take your boyfriend and fly away," she said signalling with her hands.

"What if she is better than me?" I started to let my brain overthink, now there is no going back. " Maybe he would realise that there are better people for him than me and leave me!"

"If you are done overthinking we can leave," Preeti waved a hand in front of my face.

My phone dinged from a message from Vikram, "he didn't find adjacent tables, what am I going to do?" I looked at Preeti who is now stuffing things into her purse.