weak

Rhea's POV

I didn't know when I slept but when I woke up I was a sweaty mess. I pushed away all the layers covering me to keep we warm.

The door opened as I was trying to lean back to headboard revealing Vikram. He looked fresh and clean.

Here I am a bloody mess.

"Did you have nice sleep?" He asked sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Yes, what time is it?" I asked.

"It's still 8 in the morning," he said touching my forehead," looks like your fever is reduced compared to yesterday."

"I need to take a bath," I mumbled looking for my bag.

He nodded and walked to the closet bringing my bag, " I will on the geyser and I put a spare toothbrush in the bathroom, you can use it," he explained.

I nodded coming out of sheets, the cold floor hit my feet, a shiver ran through my body. I tried to stand on my feet, Vikram observed my actions keenly.

"Do you need some help?" he asked concerned at my slow movements.

"I think I can manage," I said grabbing my clothes.

He walked outside closing the door. I walked into the bathroom looking at my reflection.

My hair resembled a bird's nest, I had dark circles under my eyes. I looked like a zombie from some creepy horror movie.

I removed the layers of clothing and stepped into the shower. Hot water poured down on me, my body relaxed as it went on.

After a good fifteen minutes shower, I stepped out fresh and alive. I grabbed the brush and started cleaning my teeth. Combing my hair would be helpful. I grabbed a comb and started untangling my hair.

My legs started to wobble, with all the throwing up I am pretty sure I have 0% energy left in my body. I tried to grip the counter but I can't stand long.

I sat down leaning to the wall, I felt weak, helpless and I hated it. Tears started to fill my eyes once again. I heard the door being knocked.

"Rhea, are you done?" Vikram asked from the other side.

"Yes, you can come."

He came in looking around for me, his eyebrows creased finding me sitting on the floor. He knelt down to my level holding my hand.

"What happened? Why are you sitting here?" he asked.

I sniffled my tears holding them back," I couldn't stand longer," I whispered.

"You should have told me, I would have arranged something for you to sit," he said.

"I am done anyway," I put the comb aside deciding to put my nest hair into a bun.

Vikram helped me getting up as we walked out, I stood near the bed as he grabbed my shawl wrapping it around me.

"Let's sit in the hall for a while," he stated holding my hand tight as we walked.

He made me sit on the sofa before going into the kitchen bringing a plate with idly in it making me groan internally.

Not food again

"You should definitely eat Rhea, I am not taking no for answer," he said becoming all strict. My face fell, he softened a little seeing my expression.

He sat beside me handing me the plate, " I am not allowing you to starve even if it means you throw up later."

I cringed at that. I don't want one more throw up session happening. I silently started to eat understanding a fact that I can't win this argument.

"I told Bhai about your health," he spoke which made me drop my spoon.

He does know that they are in my home right? They must be freaking out and MOM, oh my god how can I face her, she is definitely going to take a class.

"Hey, hey, " he nudged me bringing me out of trance," don't worry, they were tensed at first but I told them everything was under control," he explained.

Even though, this doesn't explain why in the first place he told them. I should have gone back to apartment, I was doing fine.

"Why did you tell them?" I asked him the only question that was on my mind.

"Bhai casually called me, asked what am I doing, I had no choice but to tell him the truth," he said.

"Did mom or Di called?" I asked doubtfully.

"They did. I said I will call them when you are awake," he told. I slumped in my seat.

What should I tell them now? I said I was fine yesterday to Di but now this?

"You should eat," Vikram pointed out.

I glared at him, he raised his hands in surrender, " I know I shouldn't have but I had no choice, they will be fine may be a little scolding," he smiled.

He freaking smiled. How the hell does he have the audacity to smile when I was in this situation?

I shoved the plate into his hands and walked to the room back. I heard him calling me repeatedly but I stood on my ground.

My phone started ringing, it was Di video calling me, shitt. I controlled myself as Vikram barged in with the plate still in his hands.

"Not a word Vikram, I swear I will kill you," I warned him. He stood still as I walked past him.

I lifted the call, " Di I am fine," I answered even before she started.

"Don't 'fine' me Rhea, I asked you yesterday didn't I? What did you say?," She was angry.

"I told you I was fine and I was in the morning," I explained.

"I told you not to go wandering with that friend of yours," mom chipped in. She knows we are close and even then she doesn't like how Preeti behaves sometimes.

"Mom, it's her engagement, let her enjoy," I whined slumping on the sofa.

"How is your health now?" Di asked again.

"I am fine Di, see I am alright," I tried to sound enthusiastic.

"You need to take care of yourself," don't you think I know, I wanted to say but instead nodded listening to their lectures.

"Okay now take rest," Di said after a ten minutes long lecture.

"We are not done yet, I will talk to you after you are recovered," mom said.

I couldn't help but gulp in fear. It must have pissed her so much that she wants to take an extra class for me.

I cut the call and leaned down, sleeping on the sofa. I don't know for how long he was standing there and listening to me getting scolded but he had no expression in his face.

"You can come now," I said closing my eyes.

"Go on, scold me for putting in this situation," he sounded sad for a second.

"As much as I wish to do that but I can't,I don't have that energy left in me," I said.

"Rhea, I am sorry, please eat this, you need take some food, I can get you anything you want, as a bribe," I opened my eyes, he sat there with his puppy dog eyes.

I felt bad for him. He is not the one who should experience my cold shoulder after what he did for me yesterday.

I got up taking the plate," two bars of dark chocolate," I said looking at the plate.

I bet he is grinning now, " deal."

~~~~~

I need to make some changes for the upcoming chapters so the update might take a day or two, please bear with me.