Preeti engagement

Rhea's POV

"I want everyone here Di," I said in a fixed tone leaving no room for argument. Preeti really insisted on getting 'everyone' if you know what I mean, to be at the party.

After the hospital incident she was hell bent on meeting Vikram no matter what, that's the reason I am stuck having this conversation with Di because she is my only option.

"What should I tell to Vikram?" Aarushi asked, I groaned internally, he hasn't been talking to me since the little incident in front of my building.

I even sent a sorry message to him, but that stubborn someone saw the message but never tried to reply to it.

"Tell him something, I don't know, Preeti wants you all here and that's it," I told using the 'bride' card.

"Fine we will be there," she said before hanging up.

Today is the day I get to meet the one who stole my best friend's heart, I knew him from her birthday parties and other functions but I didn't get to talk to him.

I halt at the boutique to collect her dress and head to her house, the party is at a function hall near their house but she will be getting ready at her house.

"Hey pretty bride!" I called out as I entered her room. She was faced the other side, the makeup artist working her charms on her.

"Rhea!," She screamed making me and the lady cringe. She has the loudest voice among my friends, well I honestly have only a couple of them.

After three hours of shuffling and moving, she was ready. She looked really pretty, her eyes twinkling with joy and smile not leaving her face.

May be this is what love does to you.

"You look gorgeous," Preeti's mom stared at her with tears in her eyes. Preeti is the only child in her house, so she is a baby to everyone.

Preeti also started to tear up while hugging her mom. The scene in front of me brought tears in my eyes too.

"Aww, don't cry, come here and join the hug," Preeti called.I crushed them with my bear hug. She is basically my another sister.

"Okay, get off me now, don't ruin my makeup," she chuckled, and she is back with her witty comments.

Everyone were off to the function hall, Preeti, me and some kids were left, they said we should come at the last and make a ' grand entry '.

I was looking at the message I sent to Vikram, why didn't he bother to reply? Did I hurt him that much? May be he has nothing to do with me and I am the one who is thinking about him.

"What's with the mood?" Preeti asked making me jump in my seat. She can detect in minutes if something is bad.

This is her day, I don't need to ruin her's with my problems, play it cool Rhea, "what mood?" I asked shrugging.

She is giving me a ' don't fool me ' look, I sighed slouching beside her, " Am I that obvious?"

"You are, now tell me," she said coming closer to me. I chuckled at her anxiety.

"It's something to do with my mother and..," I waited, this is it , " Vikram," I confessed.

"I know there is more to it, spill it before we run out of time," she said urging me to continue further.

"Well after the hospital incident where Vikram took care of me, mom wants me to maintain my distance from him," she placed her hand on mine squeezing it a little," you know with all the 'what will society thinks' blah blah blah, she doesn't want me to talk with him or go to their house when Di is not there."