Rhea presentation

Rhea's POV

" Tomorrow, our clients are visiting and we need to give them a good presentation to impress them," my boss explained, " I want to give a chance to," he paused and glanced around the room until his eyes fell on me, " Rhea."

I stiffened in my seat, all eyes were now on me, I managed to give a stiff smile and a nod.

"You are dismissed," everyone started to leave, I collected all my things and just before I left I heard ," I am expecting something good from you Rhea, don't let me down."

I nodded and walked back to my cabin slumping in my chair, " it's a great opportunity Rhea, you need to ace it," Sachin came from behind.

"Thanks for increasing my pressure," I turned around in my seat to face him. His eyebrows were raised, he pushed the things on my desk aside and sat there dangling his feet.

"What's the pressure? I know this is your first individual presentation but the entire team will be there, you don't need to worry," he assured.

" But boss is expecting the best from me," I fiddled with the pen in my hand.

"Then give your best."

I raised my head to find him being all serious. " Okay, I will ask you if I have any doubts or if I need help, I need to start preparing."

"Now that's wonderful, I will let you continue," he left smiling. Thank god I had someone like him to cheer me at the office.

It's been weeks since Di and jiju's anniversary, jiju's parents also visited them on their anniversary day. Di is currently staying at home with mom, she will be staying there till the delivery of the baby.

Mom wanted the first grandchild to be born in our home, so Di couldn't oppose. Jiju's parents stayed with them to help them in cooking and stuff as Di won't be there to take care.

Things with me and Vikram have been on and off, we have been chatting less and when we did it has been only a couple of Hi's, busy's and bye's.

I have been working on this project seriously and tomorrow will be a big day for me. I get to prove myself.

~~~~~

I put my keys away and glanced at the clock, it's past 8. I stayed up late to finish to presentation and making it perfect. Now all my energy is drained and I have no strength to cook.

I peered into the fridge to see if there is any leftover food, luckily there is enough fried rice that I cooked last night.

I put it in the oven to heat it and hooped on the counter beside the stove waiting for my dinner.The oven dinged as well as my phone in the hall.

I grabbed my phone, it was Di who was face timing me, " hello Di!," I walked to the oven taking my food out.

"How is it going?" She asked, her face was glowing, perks of being a pregnant. I grabbed a spoon and sat on my sofa.

"Things are going great, how is my niece and her mama doing?" I heard chuckles from the other side.

"Who said it's a girl?" My mom came into the picture. Di shuffled to make space for her, mom sat beside her.

"Just my instincts," I put some food in my mouth to calm the tornado in my stomach.

"We are doing great, we also visited the doctor and he said that the delivery will probably be in coming 2 weeks," I squealed at the news, there is going to be a baby in the house in less that a month.

"I can't wait to meet the baby," I giggled, " do I get to hold her first?" I looked hopefully at her.

She burst out laughing, " I am going to hold the baby first and end of discussion, the next would be your jiju, you all can line up after him."