Chapter 21: Am I Alive or Dead?

~No one's POV~

Kokichi has been asleep in the hospital for three weeks since then. He did flatline, but he somehow survived that. Right now he has a 25% chance of living.

Shuichi hasn't left his side for even a second. Kyoko, Makoto, Kaito, and Maki would always stop by to bring him food and check up on their health. Currently, Shuichi is asleep laying his head on Kokichi's chest. He was listening to the calming melody of his lover's heartbeat.

~Kokichi's POV~

I woke up in a field of flowers. Wait, how'd I get here? The last thing I remember is falling asleep while Shuichi was clutching my hand. I hope he's okay.

"Kichi hey kid," I heard a voice call out.

I stood up and turned around. I saw a man with short white hair and lavender eyes.

"D-Dad?! But you died," I said.

"I did, and now it's your turn to join me and everyone else," He replied, holding a hand out to me.

Suddenly all of the dead members from DICE were reaching their hands out too.

"Come on Boss," they all shouted.

I can get to be with all the people I lost. I felt a strong grip on my hand. Hiroto was standing next to me as his pink hair flowed in the wind.

"Koki, we can be together again. We'll make you no longer alone," he said with a smile.

"But he's not alone," a voice spoke.

I looked behind me and saw Shuichi reaching his hand out.

"Kokichi, it's not your time. Wake up and let's spend the rest of our lives together my love."

I pulled my hand out of Hiroto's grip and ran to Shuichi. He pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged back.

"I love you and you're right I'm not alone cause I have you," I said.

He kissed my cheek.

"Let's get out of here Kimchi."

"Right away Shumai."

~Timeskip brought to you by Mr. Loverman~

My eyes fluttered open to see Shuichi asleep on my chest. I smiled and reached my hand up. I didn't have that much strength, but I had enough. I flicked Shuichi's ahoge a few times. He slowly woke and looked at me. His eyes went wide and he wrapped his arms around me in a loving embrace.

"I-I thought I lost you," He whispered.

"Well surprise you didn't," I cheered.

"I love you Kimchi."

"I love you too Shumai."

He let go and just held my hand.

A doctor walked into the room with a friendly smile.

"Looks like you're awake," he greeted, "I'll go take a look at your condition now."

The doctor left then came back in the nick of time.

"Good news, your chance has risen to 50%," he announced.   

Shuichi smiled slightly at the news. The doctor waved as he left the room.

"Oh, I should probably tell everyone else that you're awake," he mumbled.

He dialed Momota-kun's number. Then, a few minutes later we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," he called.

The door burst open and in came Momota-kun and Harukawa-chan. 

"Oh hey Ouma, you're awake," Momota-kun called.