20: the start of rehabilitation training

a/n: I just want to know first if the story is getting a bit slow because I'm writing so much things here but the fanfic is still in the Rehabilitation Training arc. Just wanna ask first, just in case it feels too stale :)

I'm planning to add extra scenes that are exclusive in the light novel (not the manga), but I wanna make sure if that's okay for you all because I always feel like my slow-paced writing is becoming a letdown these days haha. I blame my weird inspirations. So anyways, I hope you enjoy Chapter 20 :)

// > // > //

electrifying | kimetsu no yaiba

chapter twenty
the start of rehabilitation training

Few days had passed and the morning (y/n) woke up to turned out to be the first day of rehabilitation training. It was a program led by the Butterfly assistants to help their patients regain their combat skills, so that they could be more effective during their next mission. Aoi, Kanao and the others spent the morning at the training quarters, preparing the necessary equipment. They were to oversee Tanjiro and Inosuke's progress as soon as they wake up at any time now. As for Zenitsu, since he is still under treatment for his spider poison, was left out to rest more at the infirmary. (y/n) was to set out to do her own routine for the day, after recovering from her muscle pain, so she handed Nezuko's box for him to protect while they were away.

Upon eating her breakfast meal, (y/n) eagerly started her rehabilitation training out under the temperate sun at the flower courtyard. For her case, she took the initiative to train on her own. She began her usual warmups of stretching her arms and legs to exercise her body. Then started cardiovascular endurance by running around the Butterfly Estate as a way to enhance her skill at Total Concentration Constant Breathing, making several laps at a considerate pace. It was also a way to work on her agility in moving swiftly during combat. This took her at least a good hour, with rest stops in between to easen herself and her leg muscles.

Afterwards, she spent the rest of the morning, working on sword revision. She used a training sword for this; her nichirin sword was kept safely under Sumi, Kiyo and Naho's supervision. While brandishing her wooden blade, she thought of potential ways to slash and strike a target by performing them firmly. She tried one style by beginning to duck down, as a way to both give an opponent a low sweep and a pierce to the body at the same time. Another technique was about bouncing into the air to surprise the target before aiming the sword at it from behind. (y/n) repeated these new fighting styles several times, until time passed enough to have Kiyo, the girl dressed in red ribbons and accessories, to inform her that it was already lunch time. She unsheathed her sword, and the child happily escorted her to a proper dining venue instead of the infirmary as her usual hangout place. She discovered Tanjiro and Inosuke already inside.

Inosuke was already shoving his meal into his mouth as if he was really some kind of wild beast hidden deep in a forest. Tanjiro respectfully sat there, and (y/n) noticed that he has hardly touched his bento meal. She politely questioned him this action, and responded with a wave of his callused hands, saying that he was patiently waiting if there were any more people who were coming to dine with the two. She smiled at him, and knelt down on the seat next to him. They clapped their hands in unison as they exclaimed "Itadakimasu!" before they ate.

The meal was a combo of grilled unagi with rice on the side, and the extra snacks were dorayakis. (y/n) savoured the spices and herbs garnished on the eel while she saved every last bite since these were the more refined dishes being served at the estate. She gobbled more rice than the actual fish itself, so that as soon as she ate each grain, she could indulge herself on it as her finishing touches. An expression of "Wow, that hit the spot!" glimmered in her (e/c) eyes as she waited for herself to digest the unagi and the rice before taking on the delicious dorayakis.